2023 Training Camp Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I went the first year it was there, when Gailey was the HC. I'm sure you found the same, but that was better in most ways for watching because you could get so much closer to the action. Plus I remember seeing Troy, Dat, Emmitt, Robert Thomas, and Jerry in local bars and restaurants.
Yeah it was great.

I told this story a long time ago but I met Darren Woodson and got his autograph at that camp because I was so close to the players.

There was literally nothing but one of those makeshift plastic fences that separated the fans from the players as they walked from the field to the dorms.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah it was great.

I told this story a long time ago but I met Darren Woodson and got his autograph at that camp because I was so close to the players.

There was literally nothing but one of those makeshift plastic fences that separated the fans from the players as they walked from the field to the dorms.
Woodson was the best, I randomly ran into him in the team hotel the morning of a game against the Skins in 2002 I believe and he was the nicest guy, extremely accommodating.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Woodson was the best, I randomly ran into him in the team hotel the morning of a game against the Skins in 2002 I believe and he was the nicest guy, extremely accommodating.
Woodson’e issue is that era and the positional value at safety. Nobody knows what they are looking at.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, he was awesome.

Made his way through the crowd just to sign my stuff first because he remembered that I was the first one to ask.

Class act all the way.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Woodson’e issue is that era and the positional value at safety. Nobody knows what they are looking at.
Without question the most complete safety of the decade.

It's criminal how underrated he is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Went with Ed_Guapo and Skid in 2007. It was in the Alamodome
I wonder what ole Ed is up to now. Haven't seen him in years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I hadnt read/heard the name in forever. I do recall him, though.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
And here I thought we managed a controversy free offseason. Silly me.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Yeah, when I went it was indoors at the Alamodome.

As a matter of fact, I met up with a couple of DCCers the year I went. Ed_Guapo & I want to say the other guy was Newt, but I could be mistaken.

@Texas Ace was supposed to join us but he couldn't make it.

I met Dale from the old board at the Alamodome in 2003 I believe it was. Good guy

I remember Jerry was piping in music in as they practiced. Didn't seem like a great idea.

ZeroClub

UFA
People are so annoying. It's not your property, stop being a bitch.
Assuming the structure is a platform that people climb up on, it would irritate me as a homeowner to have people suddenly appearing over my fence and able to look into my house from the previously private patio. I'm sure Jerry Jones would be pissed if someone somehow did something similar at his house.

I'm sure that the Oxnard, CA code of ordinances is more restrictive than most (given the nature of the town and it's CA location). Maybe the lawyers will have a case.

Anyway, it could be entertaining if a "neighbors at war" scenario unfolds (each side escalating to get the other side angry). Imagine a homeowner flying a large "Jerry is an A-hole" flag in their backyard or playing "Baby Shark" repetitively at high volume on backyard speakers and Jerry being asked about it during press events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom