2023 Season | Wildcard Sunday | Packers at Cowboys | Gameday Chatter thread | 1/14/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I’m actually struggling to even strategize about what should happen next with this squad.

It’s like, what changes if anything changes? Nothing really. There’s no way we’ve managed to draft and sign players and coaches over the last 15-20 years that just do the same things in the playoffs no matter what.

It’s the franchise and how they operate. No coach or cluster of players is going to
change the issues with that team.

Exactly. The players change, the coaches change, but the results are the same.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I’m actually struggling to even strategize about what should happen next with this squad.

It’s like, what changes if anything changes? Nothing really. There’s no way we’ve managed to draft and sign players and coaches over the last 15-20 years that just do the same things in the playoffs no matter what.

It’s the franchise and how they operate. No coach or cluster of players is going to
Find a head coach who can overcome all that. That's our only hope. This staff has proved that can't overcome it. Not many can.

This staff has peaked.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
McCarthy is a dud, his scheming has been mediocre at best, his game management down the stretch in games has been shit, and he can’t motivate the team in big games.

He is better than Garrett was but that’s not good enough. Fat boy has got to go.
That's fine. Fire him.

But when do the players get the blame? IMO part of the problem with the culture of this team is that there's always a scapegoat other than the players.

Like after this loss tonight, all the media talk is about what coaches get fired. Very, very little criticism of the actual players, other than some for the QB. Everyone runs to Jerry and asks him about the coach getting fired. Dak is asked about the coach getting fired. Almost no one asks them why they didn't do their own jobs better.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
That's fine. Fire him.

But when do the players get the blame? IMO part of the problem with the culture of this team is that there's always a scapegoat other than the players.

Like after this loss tonight, all the media talk is about what coaches get fired. Very, very little criticism of the actual players, other than some for the QB. Everyone runs to Jerry and asks him about the coach getting fired. Dak is asked about the coach getting fired. Almost no one asks them why they didn't do their own jobs better.
At this point in the season if guys are running free in our secondary over and over again whose fault is that? I'm not sure.

If our WR's aren't getting open whose fault is that? It's so odd. Some weeks its like snap 1, 2, 3 pass to a guy without a defender near him over and over and over. Then today against a team not known for their secondary, especially safeties we couldn't get anybody open. I don't get it.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer

It really is hopeless. All you can do is wait for next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Lots of smoke but given how Jerry operates I bet he'll go slow, not make any public decisions, and have back channel conversations and only fire McCarthy if he knows he has Belichick ready to go. I bet we won't hear anything on McCarthy for at least a few days.

data

Forbes #1
Lots of smoke but given how Jerry operates I bet he'll go slow, not make any public decisions, and have back channel conversations and only fire McCarthy if he knows he has Belichick ready to go. I bet we won't hear anything on McCarthy for at least a few days.
Rival executive doesn’t know shit.

Look, if half the kitchen staff is suddenly let go, you know Fat Mike is gone

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Of course its a circus. McCarthy has absolutely made it at least seem less Ike a circus, brought some consistency. But he definitely doesn't get his team up for big games and definitely has trouble beating teams with more talent on paper. Good coaches in the NFL can do that. That's on him, not Jerry.

Jerry sucks, but you can't just blame him for every single thing bad that happens.

I'm just talking about motivating your team to play a big game. That's it. How is that Jerry's fault?
How many coaches have we had? How many GMs?

At some point 1+1 = 2.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Definitely. What he does will be at least partially determined by coaches who want to go elsewhere. Instead of firing people, he'll first hope for -- and maybe push for -- them to get hired by someone else first so there's no chance of paying them to sit at home.

It's backwards, but it's what he's always done. He hates paying coaches, and especially hates paying them to do nothing.

The one thing about Belichick... He is BFFs with Jimmy. That has to help. I still doubt BB and Jerry could come to a power-sharing agreement though.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
He's had a significant say in the personnel brought in.
And you know this how… because Jerry told you? Or because that’s what has been “reported”.

One thing is for certain, the birdies will be singing when they leave the Cowboys….just like everyone else who left before them talks about the circus atmosphere, questionable talent and lack of accountability.
I’ll be anxious to see what Quinn says.

shane

DCC 4Life
That's fine. Fire him.

well we aren’t going to be getting rid of guys like Lamb, Diggs, Bland, Ferguson, Tyler Smith, Odighizuwa and maybe a few others nor should we. Dak has at least another year too. But I would support purging a lot of the guys to send a message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom