2023 Season | Week 5 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ 49ers | 10/8/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Remember when Dak told Brady we'd see them again in the playoffs, then we didn't?

Talk is just talk and I'm tired of it.
And to think Dak got testy over the focus on his interception problem . It’s warranted, his head is fragile and he can’t think clearly under pressure.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Seeing some video of all 22 from the other day and a lot of our defenders had no clue what their assignment/responsibilities were on play after play after play which led to 49ers running free in our secondary. LB's and DB's.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Seeing some video of all 22 from the other day and a lot of our defenders had no clue what their assignment/responsibilities were on play after play after play which led to 49ers running free in our secondary. LB's and DB's.
Some of that is on Shanahan's great coaching and scheme... But not all of it.

We've had trouble with misdirection for what seems like forever now.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Some of that is on Shanahan's great coaching and scheme... But not all of it.

We've had trouble with misdirection for what seems like forever now.
Yep, the motion and movement they do confuses defenses. Some more than others.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Purdy is proof a QB can be wildly successful with a dynamic system designed to get playmakers into space for easy open throws.
A.K.A. NFL Football

Gilbride did this for Eli Manning. He simplified most patterns to come open five to ten yards directly in front of Manning.

He had to start somewhere, and at some point in the 2007 playoffs it really came together for Eli.

You can see that happening now for Purdy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
someone is kinda serious it seems.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Work smarter, not harder. That is a very simple business principle.

If you don't have your shit together, in one place or another, you are going to crack and then have an imbalance.

The psychological health of this team is at a very delicate stage.

A lot of it is starting to wear on Fat Mike. The guy cast out Boy Wonder and his offense looks like a sad shell.

I am not hysterical about things, but I can tell you this.

I think both McCarthy and Schottenheimer's kid are over their heads.

I don't think either is capable of doing the innovative things the successful offenses in this league are doing.

The admission, right now, at this point of the season, that this is a "defensive team" is not a good optic.

It shows that the design was flawed from the beginning.

They "saved up" for this game.

And they were utterly embarrassed. I don't know how you right that other than being very aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom