2023 Season | Week 5 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ 49ers | 10/8/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I think noth McCarthy and Schottenheimer's kid are over their heads.
And I'd tap the brakes on Quinn getting the top job if Fatty gets canned. At the every least, it'd be interesting to see who his o-coordinator would be.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And I'd tap the brakes on Quinn getting the top job if Fatty gets canned. At the every least, it'd be interesting to see who his o-coordinator would be.
Literally any position coach from the 49ers, Dolphins or Rams would be fine with me.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Work smarter, not harder. That is a very simple business principle.

If you don't have your shit together, in one place or another, you are going to crack and then have an imbalance.

The psychological health of this team is at a very delicate stage.

A lot of it is starting to wear on Fat Mike. The guy cast out Boy Wonder and his offense looks like a sad shell.

I am not hysterical about things, but I can tell you this.

I think both McCarthy and Schottenheimer's kid are over their heads.

I don't think either is capable of doing the innovative things the successful offenses in this league are doing.

The admission, right now, at this point of the season, that this is a "defensive team" is not a good optic.

It shows that the design was flawed from the beginning.

They "saved up" for this game.

And they were utterly embarrassed. I don't know how you right that other than being very aggressive.
POTD.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry would never hire an offensive wunderkind for the top job, especially if they had no previous connection to Dallas. We'll never see a Shanahan, McVay or McDaniel here.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think both McCarthy and Schottenheimer's kid are over their heads.
They are behind the 49ers by seven years, in terms of putting in and refining their offense.

They had some brilliant plays vs other teams, plays where their OL was actually able to thwart the pass rush.

This game came down to execution.

Cowboys looked overwhelmed by the moment while the 49ers viewed it as a coming out party for their young and only semi-respected Defense and QB.

They exposed how to defeat a Cowboy defense built on scheming, and their own defense came out aggressive and violent. A weakling like Tony Pollard couldn’t punch them in the mouth like a prime Zeke could, and Terence Steele… WTF?

They doubled Lamb and dared Dak to throw to another non-TE.

Bottom line they treated this game like a playoff game and we had no idea how to do that.

Top to bottom lack of leadership and intensity.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
What's so insulting is that he expects people to swallow his trailer loads of garbage. Apparently enough do. Sad.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
he makes less and less sense as time goes by. I cant listen to the 105.3 interviews anymore. Its so painful.

No, it's not that he's not making sense, it's that it's retarded to use last year's game as a template instead of using the first 4 games this year. That's a massive coaching failure if true.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A lot and I mean, a lot, has come out of Fat Mike’s mouth lately, and all of it sounds bad.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom