2023 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Patriots @ Cowboys | 10/1/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jesus. Jones is just shell shocked at this point.
I don't think he cares.

There is a difference between the look in the eyes of a guy that is frustrated versus a guy who has checked out because he has zero buy in.

There is a real disconnect going on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This has to be the most unimpressive ten sack performance I have ever seen.

Jones is dithering half the time and the Giants OL is horrible.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tell me you're not amused when you see anguish on the faces of Giants, Eagles, and Redskins fans while they're getting their shit pushed in on national television.
I am not denying that. I am also equally disgusted seeing our own fans in action.

Overall, I guess I am just saying watching fans reacting in the stands is the best.

They PAID for that.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Giants look to be about 2-3 more losses from completely quitting on Daboll. They already look undisciplined and out of control, but if they fall into a 1-6 or 1-7 hole that might be all she wrote for Daboll if they end up like 4-13 or some such.

Remember when people tried to rank Daboll ahead of McCarthy? I remember.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don't think he cares.

There is a difference between the look in the eyes of a guy that is frustrated versus a guy who has checked out because he has zero buy in.

There is a real disconnect going on.
Agreed, but Jones looked lost, disconnected, emotionally drained, and worn out all at the same time.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Another modern slang I hate is hack.

Your stupid thoughts aren't a hack. Get over yourself.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I am not denying that. I am also equally disgusted seeing our own fans in action.

Overall, I guess I am just saying watching fans reacting in the stands is the best.

They PAID for that.
A good friend of mine often says that continually rooting for a bad team doesn’t make you a dedicated fan, but rather, a bad consumer.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Laugh about Old Pete all you want, but whatever is going on up there, it works.
No laughing here.

I've always said that the guy doesn't get enough credit for being a damn good football coach.

You don't create the best program in college football then turn around and jump to the NFL and lead a team to back to back Super Bowl appearances unless you know what you're doing.

What's more, he's an older guy now just like Belichick. The difference is he looks like he still loves being out there and I think that is reflected in how the team plays.

Belichick looks so miserable that it makes you wonder why he's still doing it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No laughing here.

I've always said that the guy doesn't get enough credit for being a damn good football coach.

You don't create the best program in college football then turn around and jump to the NFL and lead a team to back to back Super Bowl appearances unless you know what you're doing.

What's more, he's an older guy now just like Belichick. The difference is he looks like he still loves being out there and I think that is reflected in how the team plays.

Belichick looks so miserable that it makes you wonder why he's still doing it.
I might be one of the few but I think Belichick, while he is a good coach, is vastly overrated. People say he's the GOAT. I don't think he even belongs in the discussion. He lucked into Tom Brady. He didn't do shit before Brady, and looks to be not doing much after. If Mo Lewis hadn't smashed Drew Bledsoe, maybe there never is a Tom Brady. Belichick went from falling into a pool of shit, to coming out smelling like a rose.

Hell, let's use the guy above. Pete Carroll. Like you said, look what he's accomplished both in college and in the NFL. What do you think he'd have done if he'd had Tom Brady fall into his lap?

The GOAT coach discussion should include not only guys that won, but guys that were innovators in the game. Guys like Lombardi. Landry. Walsh. Etc... Belichick was/is a very good defensive coach. So is Dan Quinn. Do you think he would have won that super bowl if he had Tom Brady playing for him instead of against him? How many would he have won with Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom