2023 Season | Week 2 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Vikings @ Eagles | 09/14/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They really weren't impressive. Minnesota was gaining yards pretty easily, but they kept giving the ball away. They fumbled on a pretty big punt return, and Jefferson lost that ball at the 1 which was a gargantuan swing right before the half. For the longest time, Philly had this huge turnover advantage but were only up one score.
Yeah that fumble by Jefferson was brutal. It was a 10 point swing in that game. If he just goes out at the 1 with the ball in his hands. They score, the Eagles don't have the time on the clock for that ridiculous field goal. And it changes everything for the Vikings. It does highlight just how much a fumble can impact a game. If the Vikings are leading 14-10 at half I think they win the game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah that fumble by Jefferson was brutal. It was a 10 point swing in that game. If he just goes out at the 1 with the ball in his hands. They score, the Eagles don't have the time on the clock for that ridiculous field goal. And it changes everything for the Vikings. It does highlight just how much a fumble can impact a game. If the Vikings are leading 14-10 at half I think they win the game.
It'd be one thing if the Eagles defense was just flying around and raking at the ball constantly, but the Jefferson fumble and the punt return fumble (which took away a Vikings drive that would've started around the Eagles 35 mind you) were just the ball carriers losing grip of the ball like little bitches.

I don't think the Eagles players even really got a hand on the ball on either fumble, or if they did it was only slight/glancing contact that happens on almost every play.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It'd be one thing if the Eagles defense was just flying around and raking at the ball constantly, but the Jefferson fumble and the punt return fumble (which took away a Vikings drive that would've started around the Eagles 35 mind you) were just the ball carriers losing grip of the ball like little bitches.

I don't think the Eagles players even really got a hand on the ball on either fumble, or if they did it was only slight/glancing contact that happens on almost every play.
That weird Jefferson fumble over the pylon was lucky as shit. Basically a 10-point swing in what was a 6 point game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Side note, I hope our pass offense eventually looks something like what the Vikes do with all the misdirection and rollouts and playaction. I think it will at least go in that directions. Lot of guys open and easy throws.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Side note, I hope our pass offense eventually looks something like what the Vikes do with all the misdirection and rollouts and playaction. I think it will at least go in that directions. Lot of guys open and easy throws.
I gotta say I was semi-impressed by the very same thing. They were able to take advantage of their superior speed and skill talent

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

IIRC, the PR fumble was the result of a punch out.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I don't understand how that team keeps winning, he's not a very good QB.
If it is true that Hurts isn't a very good QB then NFL DC's will figure it out soon enough. You can't fake it for long in this league.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If it is true that Hurts isn't a very good QB then NFL DC's will figure it out soon enough. You can't fake it for long in this league.
There is a real issue that nobody wants to talk about and that is the guy's inability to make throws that are not scripted precisely for him.

He is not going to take a team on his back and pass them to a victory. Ever.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
There is a real issue that nobody wants to talk about and that is the guy's inability to make throws that are not scripted precisely for him.

No one wants to talk about it because well, yeah......nevermind.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Reminds me a lot of what Lamar Jackson does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom