2023 Season | Week 2 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Vikings @ Eagles | 09/14/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You can at least take some comfort in knowing that Eagles fans probably aren't enjoying this game. They see that their QB and passing game has been very limited under the knew OC. Also, Minnesota could very easily be winning this game if not for the fumbles.

You're probably giving eagles fans too much credit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Justin Evans might be a feel good story for them, but if he is in the game I attack that guy every single down.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Why are teams doing these fucked up onside kicks now, just skidding it along the ground? What happened to hoping for the bounce? Use that wonky pointed ball to your advantage.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
These guys are +4 in TO margin over the first two weeks, against two opponents who are unlikely to make the playoffs, and haven't won either game by even a full TD.

Not great.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, that sucked.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They're a ticking time bomb, their offense is running on fumes and they're barely holding on to games where teams are gifting them 2-3 turnovers in the first half. God help them if they have to play from behind as they try to hide their RB masquerading as a QB and shoddy secondary.

They could improve as the year goes on of course, but if this is more or less what they are they're going to struggle to win 10 games.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They're a ticking time bomb, their offense is running on fumes and they're barely holding on to games where teams are gifting them 2-3 turnovers in the first half. God help them if they have to play from behind as they try to hide their RB masquerading as a QB and shoddy secondary.
The best thing to me is even in two games you can see teams have figured out the QB run game. Hurts isn't getting those gift 8-12 (or more) yard runs where he's barely touched until after he has a big gain. And not only is he not getting big gains, he's getting hit.

They'll be tough because their OL is very good and their WRs are talents, but I think a lot of the free yards they got last year running a novel scheme are gone.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Didn't get to watch the game, so went and looked at the box score. Swift is what killed the Vikings. And, Hurts ran 12 times which can't be sustained. I'm not worried about them.

p1_

DCC 4Life

They could improve as the year goes on of course, but if this is more or less what they are they're going to struggle to win 10 games.
Hopefully we can whoop their ass and get back in their heads .

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The best thing to me is even in two games you can see teams have figured out the QB run game. Hurts isn't getting those gift 8-12 (or more) yard runs where he's barely touched until after he has a big gain. And not only is he not getting big gains, he's getting hit.

They'll be tough because their OL is very good and their WRs are talents, but I think a lot of the free yards they got last year running a novel scheme are gone.
Yea they're still a good team, but not what they were last year, and I'm not even convinced they were much better than us last year, just healthier.

I also think Steichen may have been more of the brains behind the offense than is let on. Gannon said he told Sirianni that Steichen should take over play calling in 2021, and recently made sure to point that out to the media presumably to embarrass Sirianni.

The offense just doesn't look as inspired as last year, which is why I say they're running on fumes. They're running the same old stuff, most of which the league has adjusted to, and Hurts still isn't a dynamic passer unless the defense is deathly afraid of his running ability. Whenever they get in trouble they go back to the inside zone/RPO runs and designed QB draws over and over, which worked fine last night because Minnesota has a pitiful defense, but it shows that they kind of shot their load last year and are out of ideas offensively.

Either way I don't see them winning more than 11 games, which means we should win the division, and if they lose a single starter along the OL for just a few games they're going to be up shit's creek completely. Imagine what their offense would look like if they had to deal with the injuries on the OL that we had last year, or even having to deal with one of their better OL missing a few games like we are this year with Tyler being out.

If they had to play the Giants on the road with Landon Dickerson out Dexter Lawrence and Williams would've feasted on their halfassed offense.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Didn't get to watch the game, so went and looked at the box score. Swift is what killed the Vikings. And, Hurts ran 12 times which can't be sustained. I'm not worried about them.
They really weren't impressive. Minnesota was gaining yards pretty easily, but they kept giving the ball away. They fumbled on a pretty big punt return, and Jefferson lost that ball at the 1 which was a gargantuan swing right before the half. For the longest time, Philly had this huge turnover advantage but were only up one score.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Eagles have gotten 2-3 turnovers in the first half in each of their first two games and have barely held on to win each, and against meh opponents at that. Again, they could improve as the year goes on, but if this is what they are they're going to struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom