2023 Season | Week 16 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Dolphins | 12/24/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Some may want to pile on Dak for this but he did what he was supposed to do and drove us down the field for the go ahead score.

It was on this defense to get a sack, force a fumble, force a 3 and out, anything! But no instead they give 15 yds on a facemask and let Hill pick up the first down to ice this game. Hill was surrounded by defenders and shook loose to pick it up. Totally gutless effort by this defense.

I really don’t get it. Every year we start off just killing offenses only to fizzle out toward the end of the season.
Dak out together a damn good drive to put us back in front. Blaming Dak would be ridiculous. Our defense let us down. Period.

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
So Miami hasn't beaten a good team yet now either, right?

The same damn thing over and over again. Just once by sheer dumb luck, you'd think something would turn out differently.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Meh, this game didn't have any meaning in terms of the standings and it was a 50/50 tossup on the road against a good team after we basically handed them a free 7 by fumbling on the first drive.

There are obvious concerns but it's nothing that wasn't already known, we're still one of the better teams in the league and probably the second best team in the NFC.

I'd honestly rather keep the "not able to win on the road" narrative hovering over the team going into the playoffs if we're the 5 seed, we all know they respond better to being doubted rather than praised.

Stoneman

Whoa An Active DCCer
Dallas, Dak and the defence piled on a bunch of crappy teams, piled up some impressive stats. Other than Philly at home, when they play a good team on the road, they wither and wilt.
McCarthy's game plane today consisted of 95 % 5 yard passes and then a hope and a prayer that the receiver picks up another 5 or 10. And his decision to have a drop back pass on 1st and inches for a TD should be a fireable offence. Very fortunate that Cooks made a great catch, but never had to be that difficult. Their so called vaunted O-line should be able to push a defence back 6 inches for a sneak up the gut.
When Dak did go back to pass, he looked bewildered and befuddled, looking straight at the his primary, and never bother to checking out the rest, and then running for his life or getting sacked. Just not the mind of a QB to take your team very far.
Dan Quinn's biggest claim to fame so far, has been noted as the defensive coordinator of the biggest choke job in Superbowl history.

So many good pieces on this roster, but being brought down by mediocre quarterbacking in big situations and terrible coaching. They are going nowhere. They will get taken apart by the first good team they face on the road. Might even be Tampa and Baker Mayfield.

The old man will probably need his diaper changed after this one.

Stoneman

Whoa An Active DCCer
Meh, this game didn't have any meaning in terms of the standings and it was a 50/50 tossup on the road against a good team after we basically handed them a free 7 by fumbling on the first drive.

There are obvious concerns but it's nothing that wasn't already known, we're still one of the better teams in the league and probably the second best team in the NFC.

I'd honestly rather keep the "not able to win on the road" narrative hovering over the team going into the playoffs if we're the 5 seed, we all know they respond better to being doubted rather than praised.
Lol. They've been "doubted" most recently before playing Buffalo and this game. Do you think those doubts were erased?

Today, once again, was no surprise. And when the playoffs roll around, I would fully expect the same results. They are what they are.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This was a bad loss, don't try and poo-poo it.

We lost to a very finesse team because....we are a soft shitty team as well.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Lol. They've been "doubted" most recently before playing Buffalo and this game. Do you think those doubts were erased?

Today, once again, was no surprise. And when the playoffs roll around, I would fully expect the same results. They are what they are.
The playoffs are different than random regular season games, and there's nothing to be ashamed about in terms of how this game played out. Miami has a much better offensive design and that's probably what made the difference, aside from the opening fumble, but that's nothing new.

If you give another road game against SF where it's 9-6 at halftime I'll take our chances.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This was a bad loss, don't try and poo-poo it.

We lost to a very finesse team because....we are a soft shitty team as well.
It was an even game on the road against a roughly equal team, it happens. If Bland had picked off that errant throw to Hill on the last drive would you all of a sudden feel great about it?

The game was decided by a handful of plays and we committed the last dumb penalty. The run defense is obviously always a problem but coming off that Buffalo game people were talking about Miami putting up another 250.

They had what, 80?

What annoys me as much as the run defense though is the fact that check downs for an easy 4-5 are almost always there against us, the defense rarely flies up and shuts down YAC opportunities and it's often just pitch and catch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The playoffs are different than random regular season games, and there's nothing to be ashamed about in terms of how this game played out. Miami has a much better offensive design and that's probably what made the difference, aside from the opening fumble, but that's nothing new.

If you give another road game against SF where it's 9-6 at halftime I'll take our chances.
Quit apologizing, Jesus Christ.

This team is going to do zero going forward.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree. There are too many moments of that versus just strong football.

We are cunts and victims of circumstance.
I think what you're saying is they don't seize opportunities in big spots, they're kind of just out there running around without a great sense of the moment.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was an even game on the road against a roughly equal team, it happens. If Bland had picked off that errant throw to Hill on the last drive would you all of a sudden feel great about it?

The game was decided by a handful of plays and we committed the last dumb penalty. The run defense is obviously always a problem but coming off that Buffalo game people were talking about Miami putting up another 250.

They had what, 80?

What annoys me as much as the run defense though is the fact that check downs for an easy 4-5 are almost always there against us, the defense rarely flies up and shuts down YAC opportunities and it's often just pitch and catch.
You could post this every time we had a win.

This is a cunty team.

Just acknowledge that and move on.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Quit apologizing, Jesus Christ.

This team is going to do zero going forward.
What am I apologizing about?

I'm saying this is more or less the same team as last year and that same team was right there with SF on the road, I said if we have that opportunity I'll take my chances.

You can't handle losing two in a row on the road to two of the top 5ish teams in the AFC? It's time to blow it up?

They're obviously not any sort of favorite in the NFC but we already knew that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Some may want to pile on Dak for this but he did what he was supposed to do and drove us down the field for the go ahead score.

It was on this defense to get a sack, force a fumble, force a 3 and out, anything! But no instead they give 15 yds on a facemask and let Hill pick up the first down to ice this game. Hill was surrounded by defenders and shook loose to pick it up. Totally gutless effort by this defense.

I really don’t get it. Every year we start off just killing offenses only to fizzle out toward the end of the season.
It’s not really possible to stop offenses wholesale in today’s NFL.

As a general rule if you score only 20 it’s your offense’s fault and that was the case today with us.

shane

DCC 4Life
It was nice to see Dak come up big on that final drive. Real gutsy shit there and it is encouraging.

but at the end of the day we are gonna not be good enough to do shit in the playoffs. It’ll be another Round 2 exit, if we are lucky as Baker Mayfield is white hot right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom