2023 Season | Week 10 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Giants @ Cowboys | 11/12/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
That was a TD, but they’ll fuck me since I have both Wilson and Sutton in my draftkings game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Variable meaning what? That they move around a bunch and have a bunch of "positionless" players?

Or high variance in terms of boom/bust?
They have no predictable style. Mahomes said in prep they look at tendencies from the previous games and get ready for a range of styles

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We took the Last of the Mohicans. That one can block occasionally but forget anything else.
Still a hilariously stupid pick.

Like yea, Mazi may end up a bust but it's not because he lacks the talent based on where he was taken, it'd be more mental/demeanor than anything.

Schoonmaker was a clear full round (or slightly more) reach based on his talent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Still a hilariously stupid pick.

Like yea, Mazi may end up a bust but it's not because he lacks the talent based on where he was taken, it'd be more mental/demeanor than anything.

Schoonmaker was a clear full round (or slightly more) reach based on his talent.
Dude, in ten years, these two will be viewed as clown picks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn that Kincaid is about as bad as the 'Poon. Scored a TD that was beyond a yard though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dude, in ten years, these two will be viewed as clown picks.
Maybe but I'm still bullish on Mazi, you can see the movement ability for his size but he still looks like he barely knows what he's doing. He's getting better but too slowly for my tastes.

We'll know for certain by next year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The thing about Mazi, I don't think he's a nose tackle. He's much better moving around than just holding ground.

He might be a good player, but at a different position than we thought.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The thing about Mazi, I don't think he's a nose tackle. He's much better moving around than just holding ground.
The sad thing is, he doesn't have the feet to be anything else.

But hey, he likes to hit things. And stuff.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

He might be a good player, but at a different position than we thought.
He has the strength to do it but his biggest issue is he's still consistently getting off the ball about a half second slow, and in the run game that difference means you're automatically out leveraged and at an immediate disadvantage.

Theoretically it's something that can be easily corrected and I think it'd make a huge difference if he can get it figured out, but we'll see.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has the strength to do it but his biggest issue is he's still consistently getting off the ball about a half second slow, and in the run game that difference means you're automatically out leveraged and at an immediate disadvantage.

Theoretically it's something that can be easily corrected and I think it'd make a huge difference if he can get it figured out, but we'll see.
So...how is he going to get faster getting off the ball?

Does he need Adderall or something?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, Berman is looking rough.

They let him go on TV looking like an old bum that needs a haircut?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So...how is he going to get faster getting off the ball?

Does he need Adderall or something?
He doesn't have to be great getting off the ball, just average for his size. The consistency with which he's a half second or so late makes me think it's a matter of not fully understanding what's happening in front of him (thinking too much basically), or just not operating with the proper urgency/focus.

He knows it's an issue since he was apparently asking Micah for help with it earlier in the year, and the coaches certainly know it's an issue, so I'd expect to see drastic improvement going into next year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Mims was a very good receiver at OU, but he never seemed that fast to me. Guess he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom