2023 Roster Predictions Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Ugh to Joseph. I’ve seen enough.
He's getting the training camp love for sure on his coverage, but he's also a good special teams player. If not for all those damn penalties he'd be very good. CJ Goodwin may not make it.

I don't think he's that bad in coverage for the most part. He's right there most of the time, but his ball skills leave a bit to be desired.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It’s said he’s found a home in the slot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's getting the training camp love for sure on his coverage, but he's also a good special teams player. If not for all those damn penalties he'd be very good. CJ Goodwin may not make it.

I don't think he's that bad in coverage for the most part. He's right there most of the time, but his ball skills leave a bit to be desired.
I mean I'm no Bossman fan but at one point is the difference between Goodwin and someone like Bossman insignificant enough that you can just move on knowing that Joseph can at least be a functional corner. I mean I get it if Goodwin is just worlds better than anyone else. But I really don't think it's that significant of a gap. Not enough to justify a guy who has absolutely no utility on anything but special teams.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean I'm no Bossman fan but at one point is the difference between Goodwin and someone like Bossman insignificant enough that you can just move on knowing that Joseph can at least be a functional corner. I mean I get it if Goodwin is just worlds better than anyone else. But I really don't think it's that significant of a gap. Not enough to justify a guy who has absolutely no utility on anything but special teams.
Yeah, I can't justify keeping Goodwin over Joseph because I know that Goodwin literally cannot play cornerback in this league.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Yeah, but I don’t think retooling the offense and not having the starters play even a series or two is going to provide a competitive advantage.
Oh, I don't either. But I'm 95% sure that decision comes from the Joneses.

I was talking about the depth chart not changing. And a depth chart that probably wasn't accurate to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom