2023 Roster Predictions Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroClub

UFA
Yeah, I don't see why Hendershot's job would be at risk when you have McKeon below him.

I guess that would be unless McKeon were some special teams demon and Hendershot were terrible at them, but I remember Hendershot playing plenty on ST last year.
I had been thinking that McKeon was positioned to make the team because he was seen as the best blocking TE on the roster. But the very early word on Schoonmaker is that he's already the team's best blocking TE. This hurts McKeon's chances, for sure.

Stephens has that basketball player as TE feel about him. He's easy to see. Soft hands. He can post up and come down with the ball. I'm hoping he makes the team, because I think he's got a shot at being really good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I had been thinking that McKeon was positioned to make the team because he was seen as the best blocking TE on the roster. But the very early word on Schoonmaker is that he's already the team's best blocking TE. This hurts McKeon's chances, for sure.

Stephens has that basketball player as TE feel about him. He's easy to see. Soft hands. He can post up and come down with the ball. I'm hoping he makes the team, because I think he's got a shot at being really good.
It really is not all that complex. STs will be a huge factor.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Same here. Mike said it's not just the last couple of weeks either, that he's impressed them from the time he got here in OTAs.

I thought McKeon looked surprisingly good that first year but he's never been the same since his injury IMO. Plus I think our overall TE talent is much better so he doesn't look as good anymore.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I seriously doubt Hendershot's job is on the line. The Cowboys like him too much. John Stephens may push his way onto the roster but I don't think they dump Hendershot either. At that point I'm guessing we keep 4 TEs. Of course if Hendershot has trade value at all, I may be in the market to trade him. Still seems a bit risky to roll with 2 rookie TE's and a second year TE. I mean talk about a young position group.
McKeon?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I mean I kind of think of him as the worst option. He is a little older but he is the least talented TE on the roster. He will never have an impact on offense. I don't really see the point of keeping him around. But I know coaches love specific roles for backups and I'm sure he fits some specific role as a blocker and special teamer. But Ferg and Poontaker are excellent blockers. How many blocking TE's do you really need on the team. Just throw Waletzko out there as a blocking TE if that's the issue.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah I mean I kind of think of him as the worst option. He is a little older but he is the least talented TE on the roster. He will never have an impact on offense. I don't really see the point of keeping him around. But I know coaches love specific roles for backups and I'm sure he fits some specific role as a blocker and special teamer. But Ferg and Poontaker are excellent blockers. How many blocking TE's do you really need on the team. Just throw Waletzko out there as a blocking TE if that's the issue.
It looks like Stephens upside is greater than McKeon to me.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So we have
Ferg, Poon and Stephens as keepers IMO.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
At the beginning of camp, word was that he could not block even a little bit. If he's showing good improvement there, I could see him sneaking on to the end of the roster.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This moron calling a guy that every Cowboys fan on the internet knows about a "sleeper".
I bet you he is getting all kinds of clout from the youngsters who look up to him for knowledge.

• Picard
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Women too. He's probably getting lots of women too.
Well, the dude used to identify with a cartoon character named Danny Phantom. Unless I am confusing him with one of the other esteemed Blogging The Boys people.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For some reason I thought he was a radio guy, but I'm now realizing he's not. I just looked at some of his past tweets and some of his takes are pretty retarded.

He also has less followers than Ernie.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
For some reason I thought he was a radio guy, but I'm now realizing he's not. I just looked at some of his past tweets and some of his takes are pretty retarded.
Yeah, he's another self-important BTB homer. Those guys make Mickey blush.

And I wonder if you saw any of his Covid takes. :doh

He also has less followers than Ernie.
To be fair, we're all in the Ernster's rear view mirror on that one.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
so Ernie is some bald guy in his 30's. imagined him a little younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom