2023 Rookie Camp Thread…

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are plenty of examples of Jerry being a meddling twat over the last 30 years. Hiring Brian Schottenheimer is not one of them.

Actually, letting the HC hire the guy he wants for OC is an example of doing it the right way. Mandating that the HC keep and watch Kellen Moore be the OC and call plays was the wrong way.
Yeah and by all reports he did an excellent job last year in helping the defense oddly enough prepare for other teams offenses. He isn't the hire I would have made but he really hasn't bounced around that much. He was an offensive coordinator in Seattle and had some good results there. I think most credited that to Russell Wilson and blamed Schottenheimer for the teams ultimate failure. But after seeing Wilson last season I'm not so sure that Schotty shouldn't get a little credit for actually helping Wilson post two of his better career seasons. The Jags job was a dead end job. Meyer was a total failure, and I doubt that Pedereson was giving very few coaches a chance after that burning dumpster fire.

So really we all judge Schottenheimer off his career in Seattle. We will just have to see what he does this year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep, he's mostly Mike's right hand man, helping Mike install and run things the way he wants them. He's not going to blow everyone away with some whiz-bang new offense, but that's not what he's here for. Being on the same page as the HC is as important as anything, and something we've lacked around here for years now.

Top Bottom