2023 Rookie Camp Thread…

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I wish we could get on with the reports of how awesome some of these rookies look, so we can be disappointed this Fall.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Who the fuck is Iilsha Morrison? What the fuck does she know about anything?

From a Linked-in profile:

Military Police Officer
United States Army

Mar 2014 - Mar 20228 years 1 month

- Manned base entry points to provide 24/7 force protection prior to entrance
  • Patrolled perimeters of operating bases to guard against attacks on forward areas of operation
  • Investigated security issues occurring on base among active military members
Gathered preliminary investigation information as first responder to crimes on base
  • Built, improved, and maintained effective relationships with both civilian & military personnel
  • Improved staff production and efficiency by 95%
  • Compiled data and prepared operations and safety reports

• Veteran Government Services Graphic
    Customer Service Representative
    Veteran Government Services
    Sep 2020 - Apr 20218 months
    • Received 25+ inbound calls from both active and retired military as well as providers
    • Demonstrated a high-level discipline and confidentiality while catering to over 2,000 accounts
    • Assisted callers in updating accounts, eligibility, and transfers to proper departments, with high call volume
    • Upheld standard of daily audit score of 80% and weekly activity evaluations of efficiency and empathy
    • Processed payments for policies, determined charges on accounts, and billing
  • Buffalo Wild Wings Graphic
    Server
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    Feb 2015 - Mar 20205 years 2 months
    • Responsible for managing and catering large groups of customers
    • Recognized for excellent customer service on multiple occasions
    • Completed closing assignments in a proficient and timely manner
    • Maintained a communicative environment for the team to increase business efficiency

• USCENTCOM Graphic
    Customs and Border Clearance Agent
    USCENTCOM
    Jan 2018 - Aug 20188 months
    • Performed the duties of a Customs and Border Clearance Agent (CBCA) in accordance with (IAW) the US
    • Customs regulation and/or foreign country border clearance requirements
    • Inspected and certified DoD-owned materiel, property, and passengers for entry into the United
    States
    • Represented the Commander (CDR) in performance of inspections, and ensured proper documentation accompanies all shipments or personnel
    • Conducted all inspections and examinations in a professional…

This is what I mean when I point out that there are so many wannabe commentators out there who don't know shit from shinola.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is what I mean when I point out that there are so many wannabe commentators out there who don't know shit from shinola.
She does the shows on DallasCowboys.com like their draft show. She didn't seem very knowledgeable but she definitely has access.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
New OC, Quinn & Fassel Discuss Rookie Minicamp
May 13, 2023 at 09:04 PM
Harris_Nick-HS

Nick Harris
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas - The final day of rookie mini-camp wrapped up on Saturday afternoon as the 29-player group of draft picks and undrafted free agents from both 2023 and a select few from 2022 hit the field for the first time to get work in with the coaching staff minus Mike McCarthy who was out for the day after having a back procedure on Friday.

The day mostly consisted of positional work and seeing what each player could bring a physical, movement and technical perspective on the field.

Maximizing the Potential

Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn was ecstatic talking about the opportunity to coach up the group over the weekend as it allowed for his first look at some of the prospects he had been evaluating all offseason.

"This is absolutely one of my favorite times of the year to help train these guys and see what they can become and the vision they have," Quinn said. "I told them just the other day that it's a dream job, but it's not easy."

Intriguing acquisitions, whether by signing or by drafting, have been added to what was already a stellar defense from 2022, and Quinn is looking forward to maximizing the skills of what's coming in paired with what is already in the room.

"I love this group and this team, I love being on the journey with them," he said. "Having guys enter this brotherhood is the fun part.

Whether it's [Stephon Gilmore] or [Mazi Smith], it's not about how they got into the room, it's about what they're gonna do with it. Now that they're here, it's our job to find the unique stuff that they have and make it come to life."

A Special Opportunity

Special teams coordinator John Fassel has an interesting summer ahead of him with both the opening at kicker and the holes that have been opened on special teams with the departures of Noah Brown and Luke Gifford. While those holes do exist, he's excited about the options he has available to step up and fill those roles.

"We've talked about that with our vets and with our rookies," Fassel said. "Noah [Brown] was a fantastic special teams guy for us, [Luke] Gifford was one of the best in the league. The door opens for someone to come in and fill that, whether it's [Devin] Harper, [Jabril] Cox, Damone [Clark], [DeMarvion] Overshown, [Tyrus] Wheat, Isaiah [Land] or any of the guys we have in here."

"Then at receiver, I think that's gonna be an awesome competition for Noah's role. Whether it's [Jalen] Tolbert, [Dennis] Houston, [Dontario Drummond], [David] Durden, [Jalen] Cropper or any of the guys we have. They know it's an open competition. There will be some really cool battles."

Deuce Vaughn is also a new addition that Fassel is excited to get integrated into potentially all four phases of the special teams game, as his speed and size can be used in multiple roles.

"We'll see how he does," he said. "I project him getting some punt return work in, some kick return work in, I think there's a role for him in punt protection. Like everybody, we'll see what he can do on kickoff."

Change on Offense

Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is taking in his new role by working side-by-side with Mike McCarthy to construct a new offense with the personnel in the building and the skills associated with each of their playmakers.

While the process has been a "grind" for most of the offseason, the excitement building with each day has been building for what's ahead in 2023.

"It's been a grind, it's been fun,"

Schottenheimer said. "The system is not broken, they've won a lot of games here and scored a lot of points. I have a ton of respect for Kellen, Nuss, Skip and Philbin."

"In terms of the process, we're getting organized for OTAs. We're 12 concept-teach days in and then when we get into OTAs, we'll get into install with those specific formations and we'll tweak those before we get to training camp."

A huge part of the new construction has been figuring out more ways to maximize Dak Prescott's potential, as Schottenheimer gets the opportunity to develop him after years of being on the other side of the sideline.

"I've always admired him from afar," he said.

"Competed against him many times. I love the man, I love the work ethic. He's a tireless preparer. The way guys follow him, the way he wants to be coached, the way he wants to be open-minded from a fundamental standpoint, things like that. That shows you the sign of a true winner and a champion."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
She does the shows on DallasCowboys.com like their draft show. She didn't seem very knowledgeable but she definitely has access.
Is she the same twat that was on the draft show? My God, she was unbearable.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I ain’t trying to be a dick, but she sounds like she is one that is being passed around.

• Props

ZeroClub

UFA
Is she the same twat that was on the draft show? My God, she was unbearable.
She was awful during the earlier episodes of the draft show. She was learning on-the-job and seemed to be starting from scratch. It was like watching the first-time-ever-on-TV news anchor at a very small market station flounder in the most cringe of ways. I stopped listening for a while.
I'm not sure that DC.com did her any favors. They threw her into the deep end before she knew how to swim.
She's improved since her very rough start. I think she has potential. She's bright, serious and a hard worker. It is apparent that she's committed to learning the ropes as fast as she can. We'll see.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Who the fuck is Iilsha Morrison? What the fuck does she know about anything?

From a Linked-in profile:

Military Police Officer
United States Army

Mar 2014 - Mar 20228 years 1 month

- Manned base entry points to provide 24/7 force protection prior to entrance
  • Patrolled perimeters of operating bases to guard against attacks on forward areas of operation
  • Investigated security issues occurring on base among active military members
Gathered preliminary investigation information as first responder to crimes on base
  • Built, improved, and maintained effective relationships with both civilian & military personnel
  • Improved staff production and efficiency by 95%
  • Compiled data and prepared operations and safety reports

• Veteran Government Services Graphic
    Customer Service Representative
    Veteran Government Services
    Sep 2020 - Apr 20218 months
    • Received 25+ inbound calls from both active and retired military as well as providers
    • Demonstrated a high-level discipline and confidentiality while catering to over 2,000 accounts
    • Assisted callers in updating accounts, eligibility, and transfers to proper departments, with high call volume
    • Upheld standard of daily audit score of 80% and weekly activity evaluations of efficiency and empathy
    • Processed payments for policies, determined charges on accounts, and billing
  • Buffalo Wild Wings Graphic
    Server
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    Feb 2015 - Mar 20205 years 2 months
    • Responsible for managing and catering large groups of customers
    • Recognized for excellent customer service on multiple occasions
    • Completed closing assignments in a proficient and timely manner
    • Maintained a communicative environment for the team to increase business efficiency

• USCENTCOM Graphic
    Customs and Border Clearance Agent
    USCENTCOM
    Jan 2018 - Aug 20188 months
    • Performed the duties of a Customs and Border Clearance Agent (CBCA) in accordance with (IAW) the US
    • Customs regulation and/or foreign country border clearance requirements
    • Inspected and certified DoD-owned materiel, property, and passengers for entry into the United
  • States
    • Represented the Commander (CDR) in performance of inspections, and ensured proper documentation accompanies all shipments or personnel
    • Conducted all inspections and examinations in a professional…

• This is what I mean when I point out that there are so many wannabe commentators out there who don't know shit from shinola.

You'd be amazed at what you can learn at a Buffalo Wild Wings.

p1_

DCC 4Life
She was awful during the earlier episodes of the draft show. She was learning on-the-job and seemed to be starting from scratch. It was like watching the first-time-ever-on-TV news anchor at a very small market station flounder in the most cringe of ways. I stopped listening for a while.
I'm not sure that DC.com did her any favors. They threw her into the deep end before she knew how to swim.
She's improved since her very rough start. I think she has potential. She's bright, serious and a hard worker. It is apparent that she's committed to learning the ropes as fast as she can. We'll see.
I tuned out as well , it was so bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tuned out as well , it was so bad.

Yeah it was bad. Other guys would be talking about one prospect and she would think it's an entirely different player on an entirely different team. She had no idea at times about prospects that were obviously ranked highly enough that she should have known about them. Anyway, maybe she just needs experience and she will get there. But when Broaddus sounds like he knows more that's not good at all.

• Haha

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I wish we could get on with the reports of how awesome some of these rookies look, so we can be disappointed this Fall.
LOL. I love the reports, too, about how one or more of the UDFA prospects are "sleepers" or undiscovered gems that every other NFL team somehow overlooked. Come Fall they'll be greeters at WalMart.

Top Bottom