2023 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Good. This guy just left SF for Houston and gets fired. He is the bozo who would lead them out with the boombox.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He looks like an incredible dbag in that pic. My God.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Tomlinson and Faulk :doh

Guarantee you Deuce has a much more intelligent list.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Not an Emmitt Smith to be seen.
This is what you get when people make lists like this based on YouTube highlights while barely (or ever in Robinson's case) watching any of them actually play in real-time except for Peterson.

Robinson literally never watched Barry Sanders, Walter Payton or Marshall Faulk play a game, and at best would've only seen Tomlinson towards the very back end of his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is what you get when people make lists like this based on YouTube highlights while barely (or ever in Robinson's case) watching any of them actually play in real-time.
You can still show intellectual knowledge of the game even if you do that. Robinson’s appears to be a Madden rating.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tomlinson and Faulk :doh

Guarantee you Deuce has a much more intelligent list.
Both of those guys were extremely gifted and talented, but neither of them did anything of significance in the playoffs.

This is especially damning in the case of Faulk because he was on a team that was a SB contender for 4 years.

Both of those guys were supremely talented players. They were both TD machines at well as 2 of the best receivers out of the backfield in the history of the sport.

In their primes, they were both so fun to watch and they definitely belong in the top 10.

But top 5?

Nah homie....You need to be a huge reason why your team took home a Lombardi or were a generational talent to mak that list.

Emmitt was the former and Barry Sanders the latter, but Faulk and Tomlinson were neither.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Tomlinson was quite literally just a less accomplished, worse Emmitt Smith. Anybody who puts him top 5 over Emmitt simply has no clue what they're looking at.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The 92 Bills/Oilers comeback game was on the Roku NFL channel so I watched it. Don't think I've ever seen the whole game before.

Todd Christensen (I think that's who it is) was a terrible announcer. Sounded bored most of the game.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The 92 Bills/Oilers comeback game was on the Roku NFL channel so I watched it. Don't think I've ever seen the whole game before.

Todd Christensen (I think that's who it is) was a terrible announcer. Sounded bored most of the game.

I loved Christensen. He had a funny sarcastic way about him.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I loved Christensen. He had a funny sarcastic way about him.
I have to admit he got better at the end of the game when things got close again. Maybe he was just uninterested during the blowout portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom