2023 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Guys don't stop being assholes just because you pay them.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
A little bit of a shoutout to Homer Jones who passed away this afternoon at the age of 82. He was a family friend of my grandparents in the tiny town of Pittsburg, TX.

My grandparents took me to his house a few times when I was a child. I enjoyed looking at his old football mementos. I remember as a kid I was surprised that a former NFL player lived in such a tiny unextraordinary home. Not knowing at the time that players didn't make much money back in the 60s.

Also, as the below tweet mentions, he's credited with inventing the spike.

Three things that people from Pittsburg, TX take pride in are Pilgrim's Pride Chicken, Pittsburg Hot Links, and Homer Jones.

RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
How we let this stud get away, I will never understand.
DT Maliek Collins.

There's your answer. You know that's one of the positions they place the least amount of value on. It also didn't help that Mike Nolan's out of touch ass had taken over as DC when Collins hit the market.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life

The Buffalo Bills are starting summer vacation early.

Per reports Wednesday from ESPN, the team is cancelling the final day of mandatory minicamp practice on Thursday. A reason for the cancellation has not been revealed at this time.

Teams cancelling minicamp practices is not uncommon, as Buffalo's own AFC East rival New England Patriots announced a similar move on Wednesday, calling off their final session.

If what center Mitch Morse said about the team is true, then a final minicamp practice might not be necessary when rest could be had instead.

"We have all the pieces of the puzzle," Morse said Wednesday. "We have the tools, we have the opportunity. we have the guys for us. it's just kind of going out there and getting better."

The Bills held practice at their indoor facility on Wednesday, which saw the return of star receiver Stefon Diggs from his odd offseason hiatus. All the talk surrounding the start of mandatory minicamp on Tuesday was the absence of Diggs, who failed to show up after also missing voluntary OTAs earlier in the offseason.

"Stef's a valuable member of this football team," coach Sean McDermott said. "He's one of our captains and a leader on this football team. He works extremely, extremely hard, as hard as any player I've been around to be elite in this league and that's what he is. And I love him."

The Bills are currently set to begin training camp on Tuesday, July 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom