2023 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This is Step 1 of McVay's plan to unleash a new and improved Baker Mayfield on the league.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And so it begins.

If their plan is to let Slay go and use the 10th pick to replace with Gonzalez or whoever, I consider that a win.

I think they'll save money by cutting/trading him, so there's a pretty good chance this happens.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think they'll save money by cutting/trading him, so there's a pretty good chance this happens.
Yea Slay's cap hit is huge so it'll likely happen.

But again, that's why I was saying all year that the state of their roster last year was just a perfect storm where they had a bunch of high priced vets who hadn't quite had their cap hits catch up to their contracts yet, along with a bunch of guys who were on the last year of the deals, all coinciding with a rookie-deal QB blowing his wad and squeezing every drop out of himself by running 12 times a game.

Guys like Slay, AJ Brown and Reddick had relatively low cap hits last year that are all exploding this year and into the future. Guys like Hargrave, Bradberry, Gardner-Johnson, Kelce, Cox, Graham, both their starting LB's, Sanders and a few others are all UFA's, and of course Hurts is about to be extended.

So yea, they'll probably compete for the playoffs next year but I wouldn't be surprised if they missed it all together, and barring a Dak injury they aren't winning the division.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'll give my third and Zeke. It's basically what the Cards traded to get him.

I'm not sure I'd even do that although it's tempting. There are other WRs on the market that I think would help a lot that you could get for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom