2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
if Jones REALLY wanted to win a SB, he’d make the necessary moves to win one.
I agree that jones could and should do more to win. In a more conventional way. But I don’t agree with this narrative.
Are we supposed to believe there are only 3-4 owners that REALLY want to win? If it were that easy, more teams would be making those “necessary” moves.
There are a lot of teams that win even less than we do.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I agree that jones could and should do more to win. In a more conventional way. But I don’t agree with this narrative.
Are we supposed to believe there are only 3-4 owners that REALLY want to win? If it were that easy, more teams would be making those “necessary” moves.
There are a lot of teams that win even less than we do.
I think there are plenty of owners who want to win a SB, but for whatever reason they can’t or won’t take that final step to put their team over the top. Maybe it’s poor cap management, poor FO hiring, whatever. They spend the money, sign the FA’s, hire different coaches, whatever. They are still stuck in mediocrity. A couple great examples are the Redskins and the Jets. Numerous owners still have millions in cap room, and have no desire to spend it to better their team.

But yes, I believe there are only 5-10 owners willing to go all in AND have the FO in place to win a SB. For all Jones’ retardation he at least offsets his stupidity by putting people in place to excel in the drafting process and he’s willing to spend the money to keep star players.

At the end of the day, the Cowboys are in a very small minority of teams who haven’t made it to a championship game or a Super Bowl in over 25 years. That’s a huge issue considering all the changes the team has been thru.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
At the end of the day, the Cowboys are in a very small minority of teams who haven’t made it to a championship game or a Super Bowl in over 25 years. That’s a huge issue considering all the changes the team has been thru.
If Dak had played a solid game and Pollard wasn’t hurt and we won the game against the niners, would that mean that Jones really wants to win? No? We were still in that game even with Dak playing like shit and having zero running game. I still think even with Dak struggling, we win that game if we don’t lose Pollard.

That’s why I don’t agree with the narrative I stated above. We had a team to compete and win this year. Want had nothing to do with it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If Dak had played a solid game and Pollard wasn’t hurt and we won the game against the niners, would that mean that Jones really wants to win? No? We were still in that game even with Dak playing like shit and having zero running game. I still think even with Dak struggling, we win that game if we don’t lose Pollard.

That’s why I don’t agree with the narrative I stated above. We had a team to compete and win this year. Want had nothing to do with it.
But if our GM hadn't traded away our #1 WR, our chances would have been much better.

He's trying to convince us he did the team a favor by freeing cap space.

He crippled a capable team, did not make them better...bad GM!

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

No, Jones wanting to win means he would have addressed his team’s weaknesses so that when-or if-they made to the title game they were in a better position to win this time around.
Couch potatoes knew the weaknesses this team had going into 22 but yet nothing happened. Like always…we’ve all watched it play out year after year after year.
I’m not convinced we win that game if Pollard didn’t get hurt, but it doesn’t matter. You can make the argument that a better WR core or a better DL and you’re playing a game at home in Dallas instead of 3 straight playoff road games. You can what if it to death.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But if our GM hadn't traded away our #1 WR, our chances would have been much better.

He's trying to convince us he did the team a favor by freeing cap space.

He crippled a capable team, did not make them better...bad GM!
Sure. I'm not arguing that at all. We would most certainly have had a better team this year with Cooper on it. But the point still remains... We still had a team that was one of the best.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sure. I'm not arguing that at all. We would most certainly have had a better team this year with Cooper on it. But the point still remains... We still had a team that was one of the best.
But made worse intentionally by the GM.

Same GM who's trying to extend the QB who folded under pressure of the big game.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Too bad Zeke offered nothing in what could be his last game as a Cowboy.
And that final play ….
:picard

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And that final play ….
Shit, they want him back!

This GM and his right hand man want to go back to the negotiating table with the guy who's fucked them the last 2 years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And that final play ….
That was Kellen Moore's dumbass. Zeke had his problems, but that play wasn't one of them.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That was Kellen Moore's dumbass. Zeke had his problems, but that play wasn't one of them.
I've tried to figure out what benefit that play gave us and come up with nothing, starting to think that was a KM fuck yall and he knew he wouldn't be back

• Haha

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've tried to figure out what benefit that play gave us and come up with nothing, starting to think that was a KM fuck yall and he knew he wouldn't be back
The real source of public friction I am aware of is Fat Mike grumbling about "the exotics".

They obviously practiced it. Was he completely unaware of it?

• Props

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The real source of public friction I am aware of is Fat Mike grumbling about "the exotics".

No idea, but that wasn't a jap play it was a wtf play

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Remember when there was the whole thing about making Garrett a "walkaround coach"?

So now they have completely pivoted.

p1_

DCC 4Life

'the exotics' . thats hilarious.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think it was a play he installed to honor his father, the coaching legend.
If that was the case he has shamed his family and should perform seppuku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom