2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Remember when there was the whole thing about making Garrett a "walkaround coach"?

So now they have completely pivoted.
We see how everything Garrett turned out. To pivot was smart.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry knew something had to change with Garrett (possibly insisted by Romo?) and he couldn't fire his pet, so he got a new playcaller. Jerry talking up the walk around coach thing and acting like it was part of a grand plan was just pure BS to protect him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We see how everything Garrett turned out. To pivot was smart.

Nah it's just two different situations, I like walk-around coaches and they can definitely work. But in Garrett's situation they were failing with him running the offense and it felt forcing an OC on him was a way avoid firing him.

In McCarthy's case, we've been semi successful but can't seem to get over the hump. It was time to move on from Moore and try something different. McCarthy has already been successful in the past running his own offense and likely still wants to do it. So why not?

The alternatives (other available OC candidates) seem underwhelming to be honest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope this is all just an attempt to soften the blow with Zeke. We can't really think he should be back.
I am more worried he is blowing off a significant injury to Pollard like it is a strained hamstring.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Remember when there was the whole thing about making Garrett a "walkaround coach"?

So now they have completely pivoted.
I don't know why he won't just fire the damn GM already.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yes you do
No I don't, I wish someone would ask the owner why he hasn't fired the GM who hasn't won a Super Bowl since Jimmy's roster fell apart.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It started with jersey swapping and now this. The NFL is changing and I don't like it. I just have to deal with it.
If this was Dak saying that shit, I might be a little more upset about it.

When it's the one gladiator we have on the field saying it, makes me realize that it isn't really that big of a deal.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
No I don't, I wish someone would ask the owner why he hasn't fired the GM who hasn't won a Super Bowl since Jimmy's roster fell apart.
Because he is an egomaniacal bastard who hasn’t failed at anything long term in his life so he honestly believes that “his way” will work eventually or he will figure it out.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Because he is an egomaniacal bastard who hasn’t failed at anything long term in his life so he honestly believes that “his way” will work eventually or he will figure it out.
I know it, and it is a dead horse...I just wish someone would ask the question.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I'll take it one step further. I agree that he thinks his way will eventually work.

But beyond that, he doesn't actually care if his way will work. It will be his way regardless of if it works. He "wants" it to work but that's not the most important thing to him. Being in charge is the most important thing. Even if it doesn't work he never wants to not be in charge.

If you gave him a crystal ball and showed him with 100% certainty that he never will win a super bowl his way and the only way to change the future is if someone else was in charge, he still wouldn't change anything.

We are all hostages to that as fans and that makes it incredibly frustrating to continue to root for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom