2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm guessing this is a move to try and kiss some Lamar Jackson ass.
By giving a gimp WR that kind of guaranteed money?

He could just simply think of it as a gesture to get him weapons, but that $15M or whatever guaranteed could have gone toward that gap that has held up the negotiations.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
By giving a gimp WR that kind of guaranteed money?

He could just simply think of it as a gesture to get him weapons, but that $15M or whatever guaranteed could have gone toward that gap that has held up the negotiations.
I'm curious to see what the stipulations are.

My guess is Pro Bowl, 1,000+ yards, X amount of TDs, and probably some postseason stuff too.

Let's see what the base salary is.... That what's really gonna tell the tale.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm curious to see what the stipulations are.

My guess is Pro Bowl, 1,000+ yards, X amount of TDs, and probably some postseason stuff too.

Let's see what the base salary is.... That what's really gonna tell the tale.
Doesn't matter, it's 15 mill guaranteed. He can only get 3 mill more with incentives.

15 mill for this fool? lol nah.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Doesn't matter, it's 15 mill guaranteed. He can only get 3 mill more with incentives.

15 mill for this fool? lol nah.
It really is shocking. I used to consider the Ravens to be one of the smartest organizations around. This has very little chance of panning out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's nothing wrong with the general philosophy the front office has, the problem is that they were completely afraid of taking calculated risks here and there. This off-season they went against that and were actually aggressive in taking high reward, low risk gambles on Gilmore and Cooks, if they can keep up their strong drafting while mixing in a few moves like this every other off-season I'd be very pleased.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I am assuming Ozzie Newsome is no longer in charge.
He's been gone for a few years.

I'm surprised he was able to get a guaranteed contract for that amount.

It was the perfect storm. Baltimore was desperate to prove to Lamar that they're serious about upgrading the WR room and OBJ is a brand name that still carries weight among the players.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There's nothing wrong with the general philosophy the front office has, the problem is that they were completely afraid of taking calculated risks here and there. This off-season they went against that and were actually aggressive in taking high reward, low risk gambles on Gilmore and Cooks, if they can keep up their strong drafting while mixing in a few moves like this every other off-season I'd be very pleased.
They are mostly right, but as you rightly stated they need to go for it at least once every offseason.

This only works I think when they don't sign bad deals like Elliott's that make them feel like they are financially overcommitted (even though we know with today's cap rules they really are not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom