2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yea they think because they post shit on Twitter they're pseudo team officials, they barely even know what they're looking at when they're watching football.
theyre wannabe 'journalists', complete with followers and likes. Self important hacks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If that's the case LG is right there along with DT as a need. I wouldn't be shocked if they took Avila at 26 honestly.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am, but TBH I'm a pretty casual fan when it comes to following individual players on TCU and how they project as NFL prospects.
I gotcha, most fans have a strong opinion on their teams prospects. For what it's worth I think he is a great prospect. 26 may be a little rich but not by much. I think the guy is an early second round prospect. If we took him in the first I'd have faith he is absolutely worth the pick.

I would have told you last year Tyler Smith is a great second round prospect, we took him in the first and he was every bit worth it. And in the end he wasn't making it to the second.

I absolutely subscribe to the theory that if you can dominate upfront you can dominate on offense. Makes running the ball easy. Which makes passing the ball easy. Is it a lot of investment in the Oline, sure, but if you create something special up front it is worth it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Is it a lot of investment in the Oline, sure, but if you create something special up front it is worth it.
You need both talented personnel staff and coaches for it to work right. Three first round picks in four years isn’t the right way, that’s for sure. Great way to create an unbalanced team, though.

You have to have coaching, chemistry, and talent. The Great Wall of Dallas (eh, never bought into that name but will use it for reference) had no first rounders. It didn’t even have a 2nd rounder.

They had a guy named Gesek who came from nowhere teach a bunch of no-name backups to the backups how to play hard and smart along with two 3rd rounders with real talent and a mean streak. Oh yeah, and all-timer coaching to get three Superbowls in four years and would’ve been four in a row had one of them not wrecked his knee driving drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom