2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, and while he'd be an expensive ass swing I'd much rather have Tyler/Terrence at T for that exact reason. Everyone knows Tyron will not stay healthy all year playing every week.
If he doesn't play much he isn't that expensive. What is it, 6 mil? A little on the high end for a swing tackle but not crazy. It's only 6 because as a swing he would never meet his playing time incentives. Or would be very unlikely to at least.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I want the reporters to ask Fat Mike about the Oline. Is it that hard?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fine. Draft Avila and he is the LG and Steele is our swing until Tyron Smith goes down by the fourth week of the season.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Fine. Draft Avila and he is the LG and Steele is our swing until Tyron Smith goes down by the fourth week of the season.
I'd rather they try to strike gold on a G later in the draft, unless he's just the absolute best guy left. DT, LB, RB, DE, QB, even WR should be considered before a 1st round OL.

Ok, maybe not QB...but the rest for sure.

They obviously scout 1st round OL well, but it's time to hone that craft and find those gems later on in the draft and let the rest of the positions have a shot with cheap blue chip talent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd rather they try to strike gold on a G later in the draft, unless he's just the absolute best guy left. DT, LB, RB, DE, QB, even WR should be considered before a 1st round OL.

They obviously scout 1st round OL well, but it's time to hone that craft and find those gems later on in the draft and let the rest of the positions have a shot with cheap blue chip talent.
They overvalue talent on the OL because the OL coaching talent has not been excellent since Callahan.

It is the old out talent them strategy there, coupled with the pie concept. There is only so much pie.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They overvalue talent on the OL because the OL coaching talent has not been excellent since Callahan.

It is the old out talent them strategy there, coupled with the pie concept. There is only so much pie.
That's what I'm saying, these other coaches like pie, too!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I mean it would be nice to get another Biadasz or Steele type outside of the first round. They have both become really good players. But it also took some time. We don't really have time at LG. Although it's arguably an easier position to play right away than RT or center.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean it would be nice to get another Biadasz or Steele type outside of the first round. They have both become really good players. But it also took some time. We don't really have time at LG. Although it's arguably an easier position to play right away than RT or center.
The idea they are fucking around with Steele also tells me that the OL is going through a change in philosophy.

Hopefully Old Man Solari is not another Old Man Nolan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Um, what?

I am not going to hunt down video of this, but what he said makes no sense.

Now if I had a lobotomy, I would agree that he is a man of the people, willing to help the disadvantaged.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Um, what?

I am not going to hunt down video of this, but what he said makes no sense.

Now if I had a lobotomy, I would agree that he is a man of the people, willing to help the disadvantaged.

I think what he's trying to say is that having the 10 day advanced notice or whatever they attached to it should alleviate fan fears that they'll have to change their plans at the last minute if they're going to the game. It's retarded, but that's Jerry.

It reminds me of Patrice O'Neal's stand up bit that men cheat because they're being considerate to their women.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
"Cheatin'... is for you." :lol :lol

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom