2023 OTAs and Minicamp Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They teaching them how to balance a check book?
You know I remember when they taught us that in like 8th grade in school.

Now as an adult? Writing a check is about as few and far between as possible. And I'm sure as shit not balancing any check books. Now you open your phone and look at your account up the minute as to transactions. I write checks for my practice, but outside of that I can't remember when I paid for something with a personal check. Hell even most tax related things I just pay online.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Now as an adult? Writing a check is about as few and far between as possible. And I'm sure as shit not balancing any check books. Now you open your phone and look at your account up the minute as to transactions. I write checks for my practice, but outside of that I can't remember when I paid for something with a personal check. Hell even most tax related things I just pay online.
I think you may have missed my point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you may have missed my point.
Oh I'm sorry, I know, I went off on a tangent. Just funny the things we learned in school that were supposed to be of great importance that we never use as adults. But I digress. The life skills stuff is just to help these guys transition to adult life. I'm sure very few of them are ready for the drastic adjustment required.

• Haha

Cotton

Staff member
The life skills stuff is just to help these guys transition to adult life. I'm sure very few of them are ready for the drastic adjustment required.
Like I said, it's sad. They don't teach basic life skill in school anymore. And now we have to teach them to grown men on a professional football team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Like I said, it's sad. They don't teach basic life skill in school anymore. And now we have to teach them to grown men on a professional football team.
they might be physically grown, but they're pretty much mental babes when they enter the league. Couple that with all the money theyve suddenly been given, its no wonder you get idiots like Joseph who still hang with his gangsta homies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

You still use paper checks, old man?

Cotton

Staff member
they might be physically grown, but they're pretty much mental babes when they enter the league. Couple that with all the money theyve suddenly been given, its no wonder you get idiots like Joseph who still hang with his gangsta homies.
I do understand the money angle. So many athletes go broke after running into that paycheck and should probably be mentored in how to manage that type of income.

• Props
Top Bottom