2023 NFL Coaches/GMs Firing & Hiring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Would be pretty surprised if he went there given how sloppy that organization has been lately, plus the uncertainty around Murray plus his general demeanor/lack of work ethic.

But weirder things have happened, and he can probably talk himself into Murray and a GM of his choosing.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Payton learned well from Parcells about creating a market for yourself.

Of course Parcells didn't need to do as much after several successful reclamation projects on the resume.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Texans are interesting for Payton. They have a chance at a QB in the draft and still in the general area.

I wonder if he has his eye on LA though. That seems like a good fit for Payton if McVay walks.

Cotton

Staff member
The Texans are interesting for Payton. They have a chance at a QB in the draft and still in the general area.

I wonder if he has his eye on LA though. That seems like a good fit for Payton if McVay walks.
I'm not sure Payton would want to start on a full rebuild team. That takes a ton of work. My guess is he goes to a team that already has a core to build around. The Texans do not have that by any stretch.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm not sure Payton would want to start on a full rebuild team. That takes a ton of work. My guess is he goes to a team that already has a core to build around. The Texans do not have that by any stretch.

I think you're right and I think that's why he bailed on NO. But most teams looking for a coach are in rebuild mode and/or don't have a QB. So if they have a path to getting an elite QB it might be enticing to him. Especially not too far from NO and Dallas like Houston.

But it's also why I think he'd jump at LA if it opens. The window seems real small for LA though.

(It's also one of the reasons Dallas would be enticing. :unsure )

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, surely he'll get hired by someone. I don't know much about him, but what he's done with the Lions offense and Goff is pretty amazing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah, surely he'll get hired by someone. I don't know much about him, but what he's done with the Lions offense and Goff is pretty amazing.
I don't know much about him, but like you said he's done an amazing job rehabilitating Goff's career.

Ideally you'd like more than a one year sample size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom