2023 NFL Coaches/GMs Firing & Hiring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Nope. His closing press conference was all about him promising "big changes" if he comes back.
come back? he blew the Philly, Houston and Vikings game. ain't no coming back from that.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m sorry, but this is funny on at least some level. For me anyway. The Texans were guilted into hiring a minority and it’s last one year?

When are we going to stop this shit? We should be pats this crap by now. It’s more embarrassing to lose a job on merit after one year than it is to get passed over because you’re just not a good head coach.

Some of our best coaches over the last 25 years have been minorities. Tomlin, Dungy, Rivera, Marvin Lewis even had a few really good years in Cincy. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few. I’m just saying, minorities are getting great jobs in the NFL, head coaching gigs included.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Houston hires a Woman to avoid condemnation.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
These players, especially the young unseasoned ones, having input on their next head coach is retarded.
Especially someone as immature as Kyler. Just point and laugh

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
These players, especially the young unseasoned ones, having input on their next head coach is retarded.
It's dumb as hell. Particularly when you consider that players can be churned just as quickly as coaches.

Imagine if the Raiders had given Derek Carr input into the hiring of Josh McDaniels. Coming into the 2022 season Carr looked like he was firmly entrenched as the Raiders long-term starting QB. But one year into McDaniels' HC tenure, he is on the outs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's dumb as hell. Particularly when you consider that players can be churned just as quickly as coaches.

Imagine if the Raiders had given Derek Carr input into the hiring of Josh McDaniels. Coming into the 2022 season Carr looked like he was firmly entrenched as the Raiders long-term starting QB. But one year into McDaniels' HC tenure, he is on the outs.
As the great Barry Switzer said: "Coaches coach and players play."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is how franchises get stuck in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom