2023 NFL Coaches/GMs Firing & Hiring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Mosher is a moron that has exactly 0 insider knowledge.

I'd be shocked if the Chargers did anything except go after the best OC on the market, so either Ben Johnson or Slowik, their number 1 priority will be bringing someone in who can build a modern offense around Herbert, not bringing in retread coaches with defensive backgrounds.

Yeah stranger things have happened but I'd be pretty surprised if they went defense again unless it's Bellichick.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Mosher is a moron that has exactly 0 insider knowledge.

I'd be shocked if the Chargers did anything except go after the best OC on the market, so either Ben Johnson or Slowik, their number 1 priority will be bringing someone in who can build a modern offense around Herbert, not bringing in retread coaches with defensive backgrounds.
I agree, but never rule out the sheer stupidity that the Spanos family has historically run the team with.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Is Mike Tomlin walking the plank? Should he be?

Would be a very different NFL landscape with he and Belichick gone.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Hell no he shouldn't be. He doesn't have a QB. No coach can win without a QB.

It amazes me how many people (not saying you, deadrise) don't take into account the talent on hand when judging coach expectations.

Genghis Khan

Hell no he shouldn't be. He doesn't have a QB. No coach can win without a QB.

It amazes me how many people (not saying you, deadrise) don't take into account the talent on hand when judging coach expectations.

I think he's doing a good job considering their personnel, but how much personnel say does he have? The roster might be partially his fault also.

And, they've now had 2 different WRs completely refuse to block in several different plays. Not just once but repeatedly. That's a really bad look for a HC.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think he's doing a good job considering their personnel, but how much personnel say does he have? The roster might be partially his fault also.

And, they've now had 2 different WRs completely refuse to block in several different plays. Not just once but repeatedly. That's a really bad look for a HC.
The poor effort is a bad look, but wasn't Pickens a known knucklehead even before the draft? Seems like a classic Bad Jerry pick.

As for the overall roster, I suspect it would look fine if prime Roethlisberger were still there. They just got lucky with him for almost 20 years. Now it's time to live in Suckville.

Genghis Khan

The poor effort is a bad look, but wasn't Pickens a known knucklehead even before the draft? Seems like a classic Bad Jerry pick.

As for the overall roster, I suspect it would look fine if prime Roethlisberger were still there. They just got lucky with him for almost 20 years. Now it's time to live in Suckville.

I believe Diontae Johnson did the same thing though. At a certain point it starts to seem like the HC isn't enforcing consequences for this stuff.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I believe Diontae Johnson did the same thing though. At a certain point it starts to seem like the HC isn't enforcing consequences for this stuff.
Those two probably look like choir boys after Antonio Brown. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Would be a very different NFL landscape with he and Belichick gone.
Should he? Yes.

Will he? Probably not.

I think it's pretty clear that they need to clean house. They've been mired in mediocrity for about 6 seasons now. Being able to avoid a losing record shouldn't buy him a lifetime pass. But it's the Steelers, so I hope they hold on to him for another decade.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Coaching staff want to get a cheap win by skimping on players and trying to avoid injury. Cant have both ways because players at this level are just to close to equality. ( with a few exceptions.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom