2023 Free Agency Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:yawnee

So glad we avoided that clown.
I'm telling you, I don't think he ever plays again. I think this is just a lot of PR fluff to keep his name out there.

I mentioned before that it reminds me of all the will he/won't he reporting surrounding Dez after the Cowboys released him. Where he was rumored to go to a lot of places, but there was no real market for his services.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm telling you, I don't think he ever plays again. I think this is just a lot of PR fluff to keep his name out there.

I mentioned before that it reminds me of all the will he/won't he reporting surrounding Dez after the Cowboys released him. Where he was rumored to go to a lot of places, but there was no real market for his services.

I think there's a market for him. But I believe the reports that he wants 15 million a year, which is unrealistic. And that's why he hasn't signed yet. Hell, I think if he'd settled for 4 million we'd have signed him.

Whether he's willing to play at that number or close to it remains to be seen.

I wouldn't be surprised if he waits to see if there's a significant WR injury in somebody's camp and seeing if a team gets desperate.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this pops up again in November or December when he's more willing to take a few million to play for a month plus playoffs, then try his luck again next offseason.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I also wouldn't be surprised if this pops up again in November or December when he's more willing to take a few million to play for a month plus playoffs, then try his luck again next offseason.
Yep. He already told us what he thinks about the regular season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. He already told us what he thinks about the regular season.
He might even wait until some important WR pops a knee in the late preseason, somebody will get desperate enough. Something is just off. @1bigfan13 said it before, he is giving off serious Dez Bryant vibes.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He might even wait until some important WR pops a knee in the late preseason. @1bigfan13 said it before, he is giving off serious Dez Bryant vibes.
I can't stand the guy but even I don't think he's as washed as Dez was at the end. I do think he'll play for someone this year. I just hate his attitude and diva persona.

So relieved -- and surprised -- we went for Cooks instead even though he cost a pick. That was as Jerry a move as you can think of and it didn't happen. Maybe there's hope for us yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't stand the guy but even I don't think he's as washed as Dez was at the end. I do think he'll play for someone this year. I just hate his attitude and diva persona.

So relieved -- and surprised -- we went for Cooks instead even though he cost a pick. That was as Jerry a move as you can think of and it didn't happen. Maybe there's hope for us yet.
I just think his desire to play is fairly low. He puts his price tag high because he doesn't really care if he plays or not. I could see him signing last minute somewhere to play a handful of games but I don't think he has any desire for a camp and a 17 game season.

Dez had twice the heart and desire. He just didn't have the physical skills anymore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dez had his own issues, no doubt. But he wasn’t even half the diva and idiot that this clown is. I’d take Dez every day and twice on Sundays over him.
I totally agree. Dez had real heart. I loved the guy and frankly still do. In his prime he was an absolute beast.

Top Bottom