2023 Free Agency Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick. Get you a WR that gets hurt all the time. He will probably injure himself signing the deal.
Let's face it, any WR we are interested in is going to have some red flags. They either are hurt, unproductive, old, injury prone. There aren't free agent WRs in our price range that don't have these issues.

You're hoping a Chark, Beckham, Hardman, or Paris Campbell can come cheap and stay healthy. Sterling Sheppard is both older and injury prone. So right in our budget.

Rev

Staff member
Let's face it, any WR we are interested in is going to have some red flags. They either are hurt, unproductive, old, injury prone. There aren't free agent WRs in our price range that don't have these issues.

You're hoping a Chark, Beckham, Hardman, or Paris Campbell can come cheap and stay healthy. Sterling Sheppard is both older and injury prone. So right in our budget.
That's the Jones budget. Not mine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the Jones budget. Not mine.
Even so, unlimited budget, who you got? The list isn't great. I'm not giving big money to fucking Jacobi Meyers or Juju. So maybe a Lazard, Slayton, Chark or Paris Campbell wouldn't require as much money. I know his injury history but I kind of like Paris Campbell. Fast dude, decent size and sort of broke out in Indy with their shit QB play. I've always liked Chark but another guy with injury history. I guess if I'm rolling the dice at receiver in free agency I'd rather it be on the cheaper end because there are no sure bets in this free agent class. Hardman is another young and talented guy who can't stay healthy.

Rev

Staff member
Even so, unlimited budget, who you got? The list isn't great. I'm not giving big money to fucking Jacobi Meyers or Juju. So maybe a Lazard, Slayton, Chark or Paris Campbell wouldn't require as much money. I know his injury history but I kind of like Paris Campbell. Fast dude, decent size and sort of broke out in Indy with their shit QB play. I've always liked Chark but another guy with injury history. I guess if I'm rolling the dice at receiver in free agency I'd rather it be on the cheaper end because there are no sure bets in this free agent class. Hardman is another young and talented guy who can't stay healthy.
Just give me a guy that doesn't miss over half the season every year. Not too happy with the FA WR class at all so I guess that leaves me with the draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just give me a guy that doesn't miss over half the season every year. Not too happy with the FA WR class at all so I guess that leaves me with the draft.
I think draft or trade are the only great options if you're looking for something like that. Maybe some guys will be cut but I doubt anyone worth shit. Most teams don't cut those types of guys.

It's why I'd probably sign someone. Who if healthy is a legit player. But then turn around and still view WR as a massive need in the draft. Just kind of shooting a couple of darts at the position instead of one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Y;all talking about free agency like we are going to do anything.
We will sign a couple of cheap schlubs to say we are doing something. Just enough to stay under the comp pick umbrella.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Y;all talking about free agency like we are going to do anything.
We will sign a WR. It's just not going to be the WR we actually want. It's going to be someone who sits around 2 weeks, goes unsigned and Dallas can pick up cheap. If it's a WR that's going to sign in the first week of free agency just forget it. They are busy yachting.

Top Bottom