2023 Free Agency Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We could've easily afforded that but he may have chosen Seattle if all things were equal. Would have loved to get him instead of resigning someone like Barr but I'm guessing they want Clark to take a step forward, plus I'm not about to complain after what they did this off-season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We could've easily afforded that but he may have chosen Seattle if all things were equal. Would have loved to get him instead of resigning someone like Barr but I'm guessing they want Clark to take a step forward, plus I'm not about to complain after what they did this off-season.
Yeah, I am not mad either. Would have been fun, but oh well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah my guess is he gave a bit of a discount to go back home. I don't think you can assume the Cowboys could have had him for the same price

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah my guess is he gave a bit of a discount to go back home. I don't think you can assume the Cowboys could have had him for the same price
That sounds a little on the expensive side since we have been handing out vet minimums like candy.

I don't know what has changed and I am quite confused.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd bring him back.

The guy can play both the interior and tackle spots.

Make a call and at least get a ballpark figure of what it will take to bring him back.
I'm not sure I want his lazy ass back.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I always hated his lazy attitude. But besides that, you'd need an entire backup left side of your OL ready to start. I already think Tyron is a guaranteed injury problem, and this would be another one right next to him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah if Tyron wasn't coming back I would consider it. Like hey, could be your LG, backup OT. But with Tyron back it seems unnecessary and sort of a bad idea because Collins has a high opinion of himself.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He'll always have those two epic pancake blocks vs Seattle.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think we will sign a NT/DT. We are just sort of waiting for Hankins to shit or get off the pot.

In the meantime I'd rather all of our other options not abdicate. I'd give him a little time depending on what the holdup is. But otherwise I'd move on before he's the only guy left.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the meantime I'd rather all of our other options not abdicate. I'd give him a little time depending on what the holdup is. But otherwise I'd move on before he's the only guy left.
Yeah I don't want to be in a position again where we have to trade for a Hankins type because he decided he felt like retiring or something.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom