2023 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Re-listening to the pod now that round 1 is over. Fun to listen to booze and Simp shit on players that eventually went elsewhere. Yesterday it just scared me a little thinking about the negatives they could bring to the team, now it's exciting that other teams may not work out those kinks and blow their draft.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Re-listening to the pod now that round 1 is over. Fun to listen to booze and Simp shit on players that eventually went elsewhere. Yesterday it just scared me a little thinking about the negatives they could bring to the team, now it's exciting that other teams may not work out those kinks and blow their draft.
Who were we shitting on again?

It's all a blur now, I remember complaining about Kincaid as a health risk but that's about it. I feel like Nolan Smith is pretty overrated too, I don't think he has much room for weight gain and he doesn't have much of a pass rush arsenal, although in the 20's/30's he's good value.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Torrence, Mauch, Avila and Bergeron are my 4 guard guys. All would be great with our second.
Wonder what the odds are that one of them makes it to our pick.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It will be tough. The OL run should happen early.
Yep. Someone might fall though, or at least fall enough to where the cost of a trade up wouldn't be much. You know there will be the usual mini runs on corners and WRs, plus a few TEs and the two QBs.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Who were we shitting on again?

It's all a blur now, I remember complaining about Kincaid as a health risk but that's about it. I feel like Nolan Smith is pretty overrated too, I don't think he has much room for weight gain and he doesn't have much of a pass rush arsenal, although in the 20's/30's he's good value.
When I posted this, the Kincaid discussion had just happened and someone (I think you) just went in on Johnston for his hands.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If by chance he fell all the way to us in the 2nd round, I can't say I'd hate the pick.

Yes, he's a douche and I get bad vibes, but I also am very much in favor of us taking QBs as often as possible and this would be a great developmental project to have.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
David Moore on the Ticket this morning:

He was told they'd go OL or DL last night, not TE. TE could wait to 2nd or even 3rd round.

He thinks they could have been considering Anton Harrison or Bergeron last night, but Mike M and others wanted Mazi. Says they probably talked about Nolan Smith since they didn't expect him to be there.

Mentions LaPorta again and Tucker Kraft at TE. Charbonnet at RB. Thinks we could lean RB in the second thinking a TE will still be there in the third.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I saw some twitter clips & comments about Skip & Shannon complaining about the Cowboys draft pick and the Cowboys not moving up to draft Kincaid.

Seeing that content made me like the Mazi Smith draft pick even more. :towel

And Michah's response was icing on the cake.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
David Moore on the Ticket this morning:

He was told they'd go OL or DL last night, not TE. TE could wait to 2nd or even 3rd round.

He thinks they could have been considering Anton Harrison or Bergeron last night, but Mike M and others wanted Mazi. Says they probably talked about Nolan Smith since they didn't expect him to be there.

Mentions LaPorta again and Tucker Kraft at TE. Charbonnet at RB. Thinks we could lean RB in the second thinking a TE will still be there in the third.
I like that they're prioritizing the trenches over flash. The common thread between teams that have been top 5 Super Bowl contenders is that they invest heavily in their OL & DL.

Top Bottom