2023 Cowboys Preseason Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Seahawks | 08/19/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he wasn't for his fumble last week I think people would be really jacked up about him. He's shown some juice out of the backfield for sure, along with solid pass pro.
Yeah I went into preseason liking Davis a lot more. But I'm starting to see why the coaches like Dowdle. Might be a solid fit with Duece and Pollard.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Overshown getting hurt is sticking in my craw more than I thought it would.
Not me. Overshown has a history of injuries in college. I did expect our first round pick to show more. Game one Mazi was not great but he at least clogged the holes. Game two he was manhandled. I’m kinda pissed because I really wanted Oline in the first and not a development player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not me. Overshown has a history of injuries in college. I did expect our first round pick to show more. Game one Mazi was not great but he at least clogged the holes. Game two he was manhandled. I’m kinda pissed because I really wanted Oline in the first and not a development player.
I think they had the right intention with Smith, but probably just got the wrong player.

It is alarming how he struggles with one-on-one blocking, even with the trash OL.

If I an opposing coach and I see him in a game for keeps, I am not going to double him unless he proves himself.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
what strength?

:lol

It is like people think Taco Mazi is the strongest player in the league.

I know y'all laughed at me last week when I used the word "functional" with him.

It is showing up that he may be a freak in the gym, but that FUNCTIONAL power just ain't showing up on the field.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
:lol

It is like people think Taco Mazi is the strongest player in the league.

I know y'all laughed at me last week when I used the word "functional" with him.

It is showing up that he may be a freak in the gym, but that FUNCTIONAL power just ain't showing up on the field.
It showed in college plenty though, could just be that a power DT needs more than a few months in the NFL for it to start translating to the next level. I really think he just has an immature way of looking at football, i.e. "I don't even like football I just like to hit people".

He has to learn that rudimentary mindset of how the game works doesn't fly at this level. Basically he isn't just going to outmuscle guys in the pros.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really think he just has an immature way of looking at football, i.e. "I don't even like football I just like to hit people".
Great way of putting it.

He has to learn that rudimentary mindset of how the game works doesn't fly at this level. Basically he isn't just going to outmuscle guys in the pros.
That is the alarming part. It is showing up no matter who he is lined up against in single situations.

Until he shows he can handle that, opposing offenses are going to ignore him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Great way of putting it.

That is the alarming part. It is showing up no matter who he is lined up against in single situations.

Until he shows he can handle that, opposing offenses are going to ignore him.
The more I heard the guy talk during TC the more it sounded like he thinks of himself as the biggest, baddest mother fucker on the field. That was usually true at Michigan but he needs to be humbled because no rookie is that guy in the NFL, we'll see how he responds to it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Holy sheep shit.

I am literally watching Seahawks ILB Jon Rhattigan run around Ball to hit Deuce behind the LOS.

His pass protection was meh. But put him against starters and he will get destroyed.

PFF is such hot garbage.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The more I heard the guy talk during TC the more it sounded like he thinks of himself as the biggest, baddest mother fucker on the field. That was usually true at Michigan but he needs to be humbled because no rookie is that guy in the NFL, we'll see how he responds to it.
What I have seen also is that bad motherfucker thing just does not show up either. He is not chippy, it is like he says the passionate things but I don't see much of it on the field when someone is in his face.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Fuck. The replay is the Seattle broadcast with that chick. Dammit!
That was tough listening to. I was hoping to hear the cowboys team in the second half but got tired and went to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom