2023 Cowboys Preseason Week 1 Gameday Chatter Thread | Jaguars @ Cowboys | 08/12/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It still bugs me they didn't play Davis last year when Pollard got hurt. And he missed that key block which might be why. I almost expect him to be gone.
I think you need a smart player for that role, who has enough burst but the mental side is important too since that runner is not expected to be a playmaker. They are expected to be a chain mover/protector and touch the ball rarely. We did that with Elliott last year and it worked at least on short yardage.

I guess people want to wish Dowdle into that role and I think the staff likes him, so we may be stuck.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Am I correct in that they pay dorks in their mom's basement to grade this shit wrong the first time and then are afforded the grade of a do-over?

What the fuck is that?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think you need a smart player for that role, who has enough burst but the mental side is important too since that runner is not expected to be a playmaker.
People talk about Deuce not being big enough to pass block, but it doesn't matter how big and strong you are if you're too dimwitted to even know who to block. I know Deuce will at least get in their way instead of just standing there and doing nothing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
People talk about Deuce not being big enough to pass block, but it doesn't matter how big and strong you are if you're too dimwitted to even know who to block. I know Deuce will at least get in their way instead of just standing there and doing nothing.
Judged off what we saw last night, I wonder if we put him in that position much.

There was not an instance I saw where they put him into that kind of situation where he was still held inside to block.

Yes, I get it. McCarthy has a ton of shit he has not shown yet.

But since we are only competing against ourselves outside of the exhibition games, I think it would be wise to insert him into a few of his own personal MOJO MOMENTs before things start counting for keeps.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I watched the game but while doing other things. Someone give me the breakdown on Mazi Smith and Asim Richards.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I watched the game but while doing other things. Someone give me the breakdown on Mazi Smith and Asim Richards.
Smith had some struggles. Richards played both guard and tackle. He did not embarrass himself.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Am I correct in that they pay dorks in their mom's basement to grade this shit wrong the first time and then are afforded the grade of a do-over?

What the fuck is that?
Because, just like with draft grades, they know there are geeks willing to click twice for the same information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom