Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's on the Pet Cat list for sure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya know, Pollard ain’t shabby catching the ball.
He isn't but this dude makes guys look silly when he runs a route. Pollard is more of a screen play kind of receiver. At least so far as we have really used him.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
He isn't but this dude makes guys look silly when he runs a route. Pollard is more of a screen play kind of receiver. At least so far as we have really used him.
I hope for that to change with the offense. He was damn good in college.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Got some deep over the shoulder grabs too. Of course we score with it and never go back to it.

We just need to get the Garrett out of our system and FINALLY throw to the damned backs by design more.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Got some deep over the shoulder grabs too. Of course we score with it and never go back to it.

We just need to get the Garrett out of our system and FINALLY throw to the damned backs by design more.
That is probably one thing you will see change under McCarthy instead of Moore. You will get methodical design to engage the backs as part of the passing game. Hopefully that does not continue to include useless nose rings going in motion and splitting wide.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the prototype under McCarthy WRs is 6-foot-1, 204 pounds and a 4.48 40 time. Hmmm. It's a shame we didn't already have someone on the roster exactly like that.

Amari Cooper - Height 6′ 1″, Weight 203 lbs 4.42
Cooper was too fast.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I have told you people repeatedly.

This is a pretty bad draft.

I am pretty convinced that Robinson is a top ten guy in this draft, pound for pound.

Even if he is top 20, it is a bargain at that stage.

How you handle the player and their success is key.

All I can say is that I see this league getting more about player fungibility. Churn and burn. The smart ones will do that.

The sentimental will saddle the franchise will nose-ringing wearing albatrosses. The investment in Elliott has been substantial.

You have to think back regarding Elliott, he was a Jerry Special Kid when you think about it.

The emotions that sway this organization's crucial decision point out to a distinct lack of the ability of the Joneses to evaluate talent from point A (the draft) to point B (the second contract).
It's emotion, but it's also Jerry always trying to validate his decisions, whether in the draft or in contracts -- kind of Jerry's weird and incompetent take on the sunk cost fallacy. "Gee, we've got so much tied up in the guy's contract, how can we cut him loose?"

The churn and burn approach involves admitting mistakes or cutting losses, knowing when it's time to move on. When the Eagles unloaded Wentz on the Colts they agreed to eat $30 million of his salary. Jerry would rather cut off his right hand than ever do anything like that.

Dak will be the same kind of albatross. He's got a huge contract, therefore he's not going anywhere. Idiot Son as much as said so:

"I think Dak (Prescott) is the ultimate team leader. He's got an insatiable appetite to be great, and clean up whatever he needs to clean up. I think it all starts with the quarterback and I think we've got ours."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Gibbs but in the first? Absolutely not. Just go get a different back. Literally not saying anything negative about Gibbs but I can give you a long list of RBs that I'd rather in a later round. To me that would just be a lazy pick. Like well, we can get Tyjae Spears later who gives you similar traits and is a stellar receiver. But we feel like at least our first round pick will be solid. It's just lazy to me. Go get someone else and I'll go get a RB that will produce just as well as Gibbs later.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like Gibbs but in the first? Absolutely not. Just go get a different back. Literally not saying anything negative about Gibbs but I can give you a long list of RBs that I'd rather in a later round.
Yea, I'm out for sure on that, especially since he's very similar to Pollard. But Helman is a moron so I'm not worried about his social media-click grubbing bullshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I'm out for sure on that, especially since he's very similar to Pollard. But Helman is a moron so I'm not worried about his social media-click grubbing bullshit.
And I get it, Gibbs is being thrown around as a possible late first round pick. I do expect that Bijan Robinson will be gone by our pick. I think he is a great player but I also think he is getting overhyped as some type of an all timer prospect. My guess is someone picks him between 10-20. So RB 2 is Gibbs for most people. But if Gibbs goes in the first it's going to be a Clyde Edwards situation where he probably shouldn't. You just have a team picking in the late first who knows he is a weapon and doesn't care if the value is that good. I just don't want to be that team. I love this RB class, don't just take the next best RB to say you took a RB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And I get it, Gibbs is being thrown around as a possible late first round pick. I do expect that Bijan Robinson will be gone by our pick. I think he is a great player but I also think he is getting overhyped as some type of an all timer prospect. My guess is someone picks him between 10-20. So RB 2 is Gibbs for most people. But if Gibbs goes in the first it's going to be a Clyde Edwards situation where he probably shouldn't. You just have a team picking in the late first who knows he is a weapon and doesn't care if the value is that good. I just don't want to be that team. I love this RB class, don't just take the next best RB to say you took a RB.
Yea if Gibbs is there in the 2nd, great, but there's a 0.0% chance I'd consider him in any form or fashion in the first.

I'm not even certain he's significantly better than someone like Charbonnet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea if Gibbs is there in the 2nd, great, but there's a 0.0% chance I'd consider him in any form or fashion in the first.

Vastly different players but yes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

If that is the best they can do, bail out of the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom