**2023 Cowboys Pre-Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And Wright isn't much better. Imagine needing a corner and starting a guy off the streets like we did with Rhodes last year.

Maybe on this position at least, the coaches need to stay out of it.
I think the Bossman pick has Jerry stank all over it

A supposed "1st round talent" that slipped into the 2nd because of "issues"

We. Can't. Resist.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Finding a long-term starting CB on day 3 every 4-5 years is impressive, and that's not even including guys who went on to be players elsewhere like Michael Jackson and Charvarius Ward.
and why do we let these guys go for nothing/peanuts? Parker Ehringer? please...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly that might be our last in to making him a real pro football player
I mean if the guy can hang around for special teams it gives him time and ability to be active on game days. CJ Goodwin is getting old and literally eats up a spot just for special teams.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Whoa, that actually makes sense.

Further confirms it was deddy who did that awful extension. (Not that we didn't know already.)

p1_

DCC 4Life
Translation: we’re great until we play the teams that have been, still are and will be better than us. That’s when the idiotic decisions come home to roost. You know, like fucking up the receiver group. Like not caring about a premier 1tech . Otherwise, we have a helluva team.:picard

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sounds to me like preparing the fan base for the possibility of taking Robinson at 26.
They could. And despite the cautionary tale of Elliott, getting a top 10 prospect at 26 is a bargain for a rookie contract.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They could. And despite the cautionary tale of Elliott, getting a top 10 prospect at 26 is a bargain for a rookie contract.
Yea I'd be fine with it, particularly with how weak this first round is comparatively.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No RB is a top 10 prospect. At least they shouldn't be. What you mean is that getting the next Zeke at 26 is a bargain. I don't necessarily agree but I'm not opposed either. Just try to take advantage of those 5 years this time and don't extend past it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No RB is a top 10 prospect. At least they shouldn't be. What you mean is that getting the next Zeke at 26 is a bargain. I don't necessarily agree but I'm not opposed either. Just try to take advantage of those 5 years this time and don't extend past it.
I have told you people repeatedly.

This is a pretty bad draft.

I am pretty convinced that Robinson is a top ten guy in this draft, pound for pound.

Even if he is top 20, it is a bargain at that stage.

How you handle the player and their success is key.

All I can say is that I see this league getting more about player fungibility. Churn and burn. The smart ones will do that.

The sentimental will saddle the franchise will nose-ringing wearing albatrosses. The investment in Elliott has been substantial.

You have to think back regarding Elliott, he was a Jerry Special Kid when you think about it.

The emotions that sway this organization's crucial decision point out to a distinct lack of the ability of the Joneses to evaluate talent from point A (the draft) to point B (the second contract).

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I have told you people repeatedly.

This is a pretty bad draft.

I am pretty convinced that Robinson is a top ten guy in this draft, pound for pound.

Even if he is top 20, it is a bargain at that stage.

How you handle the player and their success is key.

All I can say is that I see this league getting more about player fungibility. Churn and burn. The smart ones will do that.

The sentimental will saddle the franchise will nose-ringing wearing albatrosses. The investment in Elliott has been substantial.

You have to think back regarding Elliott, he was a Jerry Special Kid when you think about it.

The emotions that sway this organization's crucial decision point out to a distinct lack of the ability of the Joneses to evaluate talent from point A (the draft) to point B (the second contract).
I've been saying it's a shitty first round for at least a month. If you exclude QBs since that market is kind of a standalone thing, I think Carter and Anderson are the only two guys who would've been top 10 locks in the last two drafts.

Hell, if you go back to 2021 I don't think anybody outside of Carter/Anderson would've gone in the top 15.

Jaelan Phillips went like 18 that year and he's at least equal to Tyree Wilson as a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom