**2023 Cowboys Pre-Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Part of me thinks the TE talk is a red herring and we draft either a G or a DT. They've been very clear that your first rounder has to start right away, and there's a clear path there. Plus Mike has said repeatedly that he wants as many good big men as possible on both sides of the ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Mazi or Avila or even Wright (if he lasts that long).
I hope you're right.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
For a board that prides itself on staying on-topic, there is no longer order on what is better suited for this thread and the gameday thread.
Silence!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You really think what Zeke did the first half of the year was "great"? 124 carries, 485 yards and 3.9 yards per carry in his first 8 games of the season. Those are some low standards for greatness at RB?

Yes, I think another RB can produce that for 8 games. Probably like 10+ guys in this draft. But yes RB is absolutely a need. You can't expect Pollard to shoulder a heavy load and Ronald Jones got benched for fumbling, so that's not going to give anyone warm and fuzzy feelings. But you just need to get someone who can be solid and hit the hole and get the yards there. Shouldn't be that hard.
No but there were many performances where he averaged 4.5+, pass-protected well, and set the stage for Pollard.

That role doesn’t exist on the team today, and you can’t just conjure it Week 1 with a draft pick. Maybe eventually, or with Robinson.

When did we last see a draft pick do that week 1? Not even Zeke did that

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am shutting this thread down 30 minutes prior to the first pick. You have been warned.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
In before the close.

data

Forbes #1
In five min, this thread's gonna get sewn up tighter than a prolapsed cow vag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom