2023 Cowboys Free Agency

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This would seem to more or less set the market for Wilson, I'd be perfectly fine giving him a deal like this.
I wonder what other NFL teams think of Wilson. He is a very good player. But I also wonder if Cowboys fans over value him a bit. Of all our free agents of Schultz, Wilson and LVE. Who thought McGovern would be the first to get snatched up like a prize?

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I wonder what other NFL teams think of Wilson. He is a very good player. But I also wonder if Cowboys fans over value him a bit. Of all our free agents of Schultz, Wilson and LVE. Who thought McGovern would be the first to get snatched up like a prize?
Possibly. However, given how this FO has neglected safety for so long, maybe a slight overpay for a good one isn't the worst thing?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Possibly. However, given how this FO has neglected safety for so long, maybe a slight overpay for a good one isn't the worst thing?
Quinn since arriving has just done a great job at finding safeties and putting them in a great position to make plays. He did it with Kearse, Wilson and to some extent Hooker. It's definitely refreshing compared to years past.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My hope is because they won't get the Zeke money until June 1st. They want the money now so they are just swapping the money around. You clear up a chunk of the money you'll get June 1st and then you can carry over some of the Zeke money to cover the future charge for Gallup.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My hope is because they won't get the Zeke money until June 1st. They want the money now so they are just swapping the money around. You clear up a chunk of the money you'll get June 1st and then you can carry over some of the Zeke money to cover the future charge for Gallup.

If they were cutting Zeke I'd think they'd have done it by now. Probably will restructure him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
  • Props
Reactions: p1_

GShock

DCC 4Life
To look like they are doing something is the only answer I have. Or “look we freed up every dollar we could and we just still didn’t have enough for that top tier FA. Dang nabbit”
"...so I guess we will just sit on it."

Again.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
I checked... and back in the day, TO got the sharpie treatment on March 5. :sad

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Not LVE, not Wilson, not Schultz, fucking Luke Mother Fucking Gifford
I'm most surprised about Schultz.

LVE and Wilson are more likely wanting to come back anyway.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I checked... and back in the day, TO got the sharpie treatment on March 5. :sad
Don't be sad, Choco...you've been a good fan this year.

FA Claus will not forget you!

Top Bottom