2023 Cowboys Free Agency

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're strictly talking about June 1st sure, but we weren't talking about that until your last post when you brought it up, so my cap savings calculation wasn't wrong. You're just adding June 1 into the equation now which is fine, that's one route they could go (although I don't agree with doing that either).
People think of the cap in one dimension, that's incorrect. Think of it more in two dimensions. If you are only concerned about this years cap structure a contract to lower this years cap figure. I doubt McGovern will count 8 mil this year for example. But that money just hits future years instead.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Well he only played 4 games. Which of those did he start at LT? I'd have to go back and watch because I honestly don't remember which of those games he actually played LT or RT. Our run game went down pretty dramatically after Steeles injury.
I could be wrong but I thought Tyron was pretty disappointing at RT, to be honest. Not stout as a run blocker and seems the injuries have zapped his quickness as a pass blocker vs. speed rushers.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could be wrong but I thought Tyron was pretty disappointing at RT, to be honest. Not stout as a run blocker and seems the injuries have zapped his quickness as a pass blocker vs. speed rushers.
He looked like your standard backup swing tackle being forced to start at RT. Survivable but not great.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
He looked like your standard backup swing tackle being forced to start at RT. Survivable but not great.
That's about what he is at this point, and as injury-prone as he is, might be best to cut him loose. Would prefer a swing tackle that isn't always hurt.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Meanwhile the Jones yacht is docked in the Cayman Islands.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If he hasn't garnered interest by now it's not coming any time soon. He had the same issue last offseason.
Teams are scared of the neck injury

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sure, and his stats were mediocre. Teams don't want a LBer who makes tackles 6 yards downfield. I think only the Cowboys recognize the leadership and heady stuff he did.
Yeah, I don't see a team out there going, damn I got to get me that Vander Esch, what a stud.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This would seem to more or less set the market for Wilson, I'd be perfectly fine giving him a deal like this.

Top Bottom