2022 Season | Week 6 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Eagles | 10/16/2022

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Name me a guy that’s starting that you’d start Rush over. I can’t think of any.
Justin Fields
Mac Jones
Marcus Mariota
Andy Dalton/Jameis Winston
Carson Wentz
Zach Wilson
Daniel Jones
Jared Goff
Dak Prescott

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Justin Fields
Mac Jones
Marcus Mariota
Carson Wentz
Zach Wilson
Daniel Jones
Jared Goff
Dak Prescott
I think he meant backups that are currently starting (Zappe, etc).

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Justin Fields
Mac Jones
Marcus Mariota
Carson Wentz
Zach Wilson
Daniel Jones
Jared Goff
Dak Prescott
You might want to stick with jizz problem stories.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But he did cause problems we had to spend time adjusting to.
We seemed to figure him out pretty good in the second half. He is a monster of a man that is difficult to run at. But it wasn't difficult to run once we sort of figured out how to deal with him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We seemed to figure him out pretty good in the second half. He is a monster of a man that is difficult to run at. But it wasn't difficult to run once we sort of figured out how to deal with him.
We never got the counter counter adjustment to his demanding the double team. Will be interesting to see how Philly adjusts over the season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We never got the counter counter adjustment to his demanding the double team. Will be interesting to see how Philly adjusts over the season.
I honestly think speeding things up pretty well neutralized him. He is a big fella who gets lazy. Once you start doing no huddle stuff he seemed to get exhausted really quickly. And you kind of prevent him from getting a breather by doing so. Honestly, next time we face them I'd think about going no huddle a good amount and just slowing it down at the line of scrimmage if we need to.

Added bonus of course is if you can score some points in doing so, Hurts playing from behind would be comical against our defense.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
They're frauds.
I hate the Eagles more than anything, but they are 6-0.
They made game changing plays against the D who every talking head has blabbered on about for 3 weeks. So are the Eagles frauds and the Dallas D just not as good as advertised?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They made game changing plays against the D who every talking head has blabbered on about for 3 weeks. So are the Eagles frauds and the Dallas D just not as good as advertised?
The Eagles aren't frauds. But spotting the Eagles offense basically 4 turnovers (That dumb fourth and 1 is the same thing) and giving your defense no breather for an entire half of football is sort of a recipe for disaster. And yet giving up 26 points isn't bad at all considering those circumstances.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
After thinking about it, I think McCarthy may have cost us the game when he refused to challenge that spot at the end of the first half.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

No, we're both frauds.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He said in his experience when the official is that definitive about it, you usually don't win the challenge anyway.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He said in his experience when the official is that definitive about it, you usually don't win the challenge anyway.
It's dumb. He should trust his spotter, not operate like it is some statistical fact.

Top Bottom