2022 Season | Week 6 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Eagles | 10/16/2022

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The way he acted like he was a hero, I hope he popped his hamstring.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think they tried to rush up there and do it quickly to keep the defense off balance. It really didn't work. Was also an awful throw from Rush.
It didn't work because the primary target got tangled in the line trying to get to the flat. I think it was Lamb that was coming across and ran into a block that forced Rush to try the deeper throw that was covered.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It didn't work because the primary target got tangled in the line trying to get to the flat. I think it was Lamb that was coming across and ran into a block that forced Rush to try the deeper throw that was covered.
Yeah he threw it to Hendershot I believe but the throw was late and badly behind him. Not an easy throw to make which is obviously why it was dumb on fourth and 1. Honestly if he led thebTE though I think he could have caught it. But the throw was behind him and gave the DB a chance then.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There were so many mistakes made in that sequence.

First, that we didn't review it.

Second, rushing to the line and not even allowing for the time to discuss it or for the guys upstairs to catch a replay or something.

Third, going for it.

Fourth, putting the ball in Cooper Rush's hands in such a pivotal moment as opposed to just trying to gain that 1 yard on the ground.

It was a very poor display of coaching all around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There were so many mistakes made in that sequence.

First, that we didn't review it.

Second, rushing to the line and not even allowing for the time to discuss it or for the guys upstairs to catch a replay or something.

Third, going for it.

Fourth, putting the ball in Cooper Rush's hands in such a pivotal moment as opposed to just trying to gain that 1 yard on the ground.

It was a very poor display of coaching all around.
Was a QB sneak even an option?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What's even dumber is that they went for it on 4th down afterwards.
And to top off that stupidity, the play selection was dumb.

Why would you put the ball in Cooper Rush's hands in that situation when you have one of the league's best short yardage RBs in your backfield?

Felt like another instance of a coach outsmarting themselves.

Top Bottom