2022 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bengals @ Cowboys | 9/18/2022

data

Forbes #1
Your smartphone may be the only thing you own in common with billionaires.

Is there anything else? Maybe toilet paper?

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
So happy for Tyler Smith and this defense…such a shame the front office mismanaged getting some speed on this O

• Props
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
Mason Crosby has been with the Packers a long fucking time.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
My problem with Dak is his release is too damn slow. Even if he gets his job back we should be looking for his replacement. He takes sacks and tries to pad his stats at the end of games. He also is allergic to the deep ball. It’s embarrassing that the backup qb can get the ball to lamb and Dak cannot. Heck when dez was here we had the same problem. Dak just doesn’t throw the sideline deep ball well at all.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
My problem with Dak is his release is too damn slow. Even if he gets his job back we should be looking for his replacement. He takes sacks and tries to pad his stats at the end of games. He also is allergic to the deep ball. It’s embarrassing that the backup qb can get the ball to lamb and Dak cannot. Heck when dez was here we had the same problem. Dak just doesn’t throw the sideline deep ball well at all.
I haven’t always been down on him. Something has been off now for the last 10 or so games he’s played, not counting basement level teams.

He had a look on his face last Sunday night that did it for me. He looked like he’d seen a ghost and was shaken to his core.

I agree, find the next guy as quick as you can. It ain’t easy, though.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
@bbgun

You didn’t happen to record the game last Sunday did you? There was a sideline shot a series or two before Dak got hurt. Dak’s eyes were bugged out big time and he looked like he was freaked out.

Did you happen to see it or have the pic?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Random thoughts:

Tyler Smith is a stud, I haven't watched the all-22 yet but he went up against two of the better edge rushers in the league these last two weeks and hasn't given up much. He's gotten beat for a few pressures here and there because he doesn't really know what he's doing, and they've protected him to some extent, but he was on an island against Hendrickson several times in key situations and held up.

Once he actually learns what he's doing he's going to make multiple Pro Bowls.

Farniok is a speed bump in pass protection and I really hope the staff is proactive in looking at Peters at LG once he's ready, as opposed to waiting for it to become a glaring issue.

Biadasz seems to be improving to the point that you don't have replacing him near the top of the needs list. Nowhere near Frederick, but seems to be growing into a decent enough starter.

Donovan Wilson was pretty awesome, really flying around and shutting down YAC opportunities. Anthony Barr quietly was really good also, same for Fowler in his limited reps. Lawrence is still awesome against the run but it doesn't look like he has the juice off the edge anymore, the bend/flexibility isn't really there. Still a useful complementary power rusher but his edge rush looks to be kind of devolving and becoming much more based on simple power/effort.

There's no excuse for Elliott getting more touches than Pollard anymore unless he has the hot hand, which he definitely did not have in the 2nd half. I don't give a fuck about the pass protection, Pollard is just so much more explosive and without Dak you need to maximize one of the few home run hitters on the team.

Moore just strikes me as unimaginative, going back to the well on that pitch out for about the 6th time on the 2nd to last drive could've easily been the reason we lost.

Anthony Brown is still underrated and should be re-signed if he's willing to take something similar to the deal that he's on now (3/15ish).

The extent to which the defense dominated a very good offense that was presumably pretty desperate after losing week 1 was very impressive. Two of their FG's came off stupid ass penalties on 3rd/4th down to extend drives when they should've been punting and if not for Schultz being a putz the game would've been pretty comfortably in hand in the 4th with at least a 20-9 lead and the Bengals getting the ball back with maybe 12-13 minutes or so left.

Parsons is the frontrunner for DPOY.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He’ll probably be 4-0 as a starter when the Rams game gets here.

If he is, then what?
Football is a meritocracy.

Top Bottom