2022 Season | Week 14 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Texans @ Cowboys | 12/11/2022

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
3.1 ypc and total 114 yards combined rushing. They certainty didn't run well on us.
I’d venture to say if you looked at 3rd down conversions and yards to go on 3rd down, those are much more telling numbers. It seemed like the Texans were in 3rd and 2, 3, 4 yards a LOT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’d venture to say if you looked at 3rd down conversions and yards to go on 3rd down, those are much more telling numbers. It seemed like the Texans were in 3rd and 2, 3, 4 yards a LOT.
I had a shitty internet feed so I probably only saw like half the actual plays. I need to go back and watch to see it again. But man their passing game was efficient. I think the Texans did a good job of sticking with running the ball even if it was only for 2 or 3 yards. We sucked at defending the pass though. 8 yards a throw is unacceptable against that level of QB.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I had a shitty internet feed so I probably only saw like half the actual plays. I need to go back and watch to see it again. But man their passing game was efficient. I think the Texans did a good job of sticking with running the ball even if it was only for 2 or 3 yards. We sucked at defending the pass though. 8 yards a throw is unacceptable against that level of QB.
fuckers were using 2 QBs ala Tom Landry.

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
Especially at home, I’d like to see Prescott hard count once in a while to draw an offsides. Off top my head, snap reliably (and predictably) occurred after Prescott said ‘here we go’

Although, I don’t think we had a single false start yesterday, so there’s that.
Is that a new thing? Him saying "Here we go" right before the snap. It was really clear a few games ago, and again on Sunday. Seems like a really big tell if he actually says that right before the snap all the time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Do you think the defensive game plan was centered more on stopping the run?
Despite how it looked at times, the defense only allowed 120 rushing yards combined.
We went with heavier formations (only 2 CB's and Kearse rolled up into the box) more than I remember us doing most of the year, so I'd say yes, but part of that was also the fact that Houston was so obviously going run-heavy to protect their QB's.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The problem is we are giving up 4-5 yards on 1st down, which is a killer. And unless that tightens up, this team isn’t doing shit in the playoffs. If Hankins is gone, it’s probably not going to get better.
Yep, the defense is generally defending the pass first but that has to be tweaked going into the playoffs and depending on the opponent. Luckily our last 3 games are against very run-heavy teams so we should have plenty of sample size and room to experiment going into the playoffs.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Maybe I’m missing something but the route tree is terrible on both these clips. No quick crossers or slants to give Dak an easy throw instead of having to wait for a guy to beat coverage.
Possession WRs don’t run go routes while the QB is standing in the end zone.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
There's nothing like a Kurt Warner video to ruin my optimism for the rest of the season.
No kidding. Nothing makes Kellen look like more of a moron than these vids.

And to add... it's pretty pitiful that he has to spend the first two minutes of the video explaining that he's not a "hater." :doh

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Moore is the root issue offensively, Dak isn't an elite guy by any means but he's good enough to win with. The problem with Moore is that if the running game isn't working he has no fallback.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Moore is the root issue offensively, Dak isn't an elite guy by any means but he's good enough to win with. The problem with Moore is that if the running game isn't working he has no fallback.
Moore needs to go away. That much is painfully obvious by this point.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Good enough to win Divisions with. That's about it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
sometimes it strikes me Moore will go away from the run when it actually is working. Felt that way vs Houston.

Top Bottom