2022 Season | Week 14 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Texans @ Cowboys | 12/11/2022

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe Kingsbury will convert one of these fourth down attempts before he gets fired.
The Cardinals franchise is fucked for the foreseeable future since Bidwell hitched himself to both Kingsbury and Murray.

Murray isn't going to suddenly blossom outside of pretty much the only system he has ever known.

data

Forbes #1
The Cardinals franchise is fucked for the foreseeable future since Bidwell hitched himself to both Kingsbury and Murray.

Murray isn't going to suddenly blossom outside of pretty much the only system he has ever known.
No sympathy from me

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I doubt they'd fire Kingsbury after a season where Murray missed what is going to be 7 games assuming he's out for the year after this one.

data

Forbes #1
Football gods justly punish DeAndre Hopkins for one-hand carrying the ball.

data

Forbes #1
:lol At the disparity

Trey McBride gets lit up, decleated at the moment of catching the ball. No time to brace himself for the hit. No penalty

QB gets his helmet grazed by a hand and 15 yards.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think eventually Troy Aikman will take over the Pat Summerall drunk broadcaster role.

data

Forbes #1
I think eventually Troy Aikman will take over the Pat Summerall drunk broadcaster role.
After a decade of growing up to Aikman’s cadence, hearing him in the booth, even when incoherent or nonsensical, is comforting.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
After a decade of growing up to Aikman’s cadence, hearing him in the booth, even when incoherent or nonsensical, is comforting.
Definitely a queer vibe between him and Buck. Maybe not the dick in his ass gayness, but definitely the stroking his cheek when things are wrong type gayness.
:unsure

data

Forbes #1
Definitely a queer vibe between him and Buck. Maybe not the dick in his ass gayness, but definitely the stroking his cheek when things are wrong type gayness.
:unsure
Aikman’s had his hands up a center’s ass for ~30 years of his life. I don’t blame Troy.

It’s Joe Buck that’s so accommodating that raises eyebrows

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just watched the all-22 of the defense from yesterday because I wanted to get a look at what we were doing at CB with Brown out and here's a few random thoughts:

-DaRon Bland is the "starting" CB even on the outside when we only have two CB's on the field. He shifts inside to the slot when we go to 3 CB's with Joseph on the outside, but it's Joseph who comes off the field when we go to two CB's, not Bland.
-LVE had probably his best game of the season yesterday, especially in terms of getting out to the sideline on perimeter runs. He isn't the star we expected after his rookie year but he's a solid starting LB, would love to bring him back (assuming Quinn returns) if he'd take like 3/15.
-We really need another big body on the interior if Hankins is out for the year, he's the only guy who can sit in there and hold his ground somewhat consistently. Osa and Gallimore just want to get upfield and too often get pinballed around in a phone booth.
-Parsons was quiet but he was going up against one of the better LT's in the league in Tunsil and the Texans were still chipping and giving help often. The rest of the guys didn't do enough to get home here and there, but the fact that the game went the way it did made it easy for the Texans to pick and choose their spots to pass, and use protective formations and conservative passes accordingly.
-Joseph was fine, not great but not noticeably worse than Brown which at this point would be a win. He got beat on that 50/50 ball early on that probably should've been overturned but aside from that he was solid, even had the nice PD for a 3rd down stop in the 4th. The competition obviously wasn't great so hopefully he can hold up decently in the coming weeks because he's going to see plenty of 50/50 balls his way.
-Our formations just leave way too many gaps and natural running lanes, it's fine right now but the cracks we see in the running game now will turn into craters in the playoffs so hopefully Quinn knows he has to tighten up the alignments a bit against run-heavy teams, especially on squishy passing downs (i.e. 3rd and 3-5 where we've been getting killed on draws up the middle). It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a 3rd traditional LB on the field situationally (LVE, Barr, Clark) since even in our heavy alignments Kearse is often our 3rd LB with only 2 traditional LB's.
-Aside from the hustle play down by the goal line Carlos Watkins is still classically decent against the run but we need more than just him and Bohanna against running games like the Eagles, 49ers and so forth.

data

Forbes #1
Especially at home, I’d like to see Prescott hard count once in a while to draw an offsides. Off top my head, snap reliably (and predictably) occurred after Prescott said ‘here we go’

Although, I don’t think we had a single false start yesterday, so there’s that.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Do you think the defensive game plan was centered more on stopping the run?
Despite how it looked at times, the defense only allowed 120 rushing yards combined.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you think the defensive game plan was centered more on stopping the run?
Despite how it looked at times, the defense only allowed 120 rushing yards combined.
3.1 ypc and total 114 yards combined rushing. They certainty didn't run well on us.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Just watched the all-22 of the defense from yesterday because I wanted to get a look at what we were doing at CB with Brown out and here's a few random thoughts:

-DaRon Bland is the "starting" CB even on the outside when we only have two CB's on the field. He shifts inside to the slot when we go to 3 CB's with Joseph on the outside, but it's Joseph who comes off the field when we go to two CB's, not Bland.
-LVE had probably his best game of the season yesterday, especially in terms of getting out to the sideline on perimeter runs. He isn't the star we expected after his rookie year but he's a solid starting LB, would love to bring him back (assuming Quinn returns) if he'd take like 3/15.
-We really need another big body on the interior if Hankins is out for the year, he's the only guy who can sit in there and hold his ground somewhat consistently. Osa and Gallimore just want to get upfield and too often get pinballed around in a phone booth.
-Parsons was quiet but he was going up against one of the better LT's in the league in Tunsil and the Texans were still chipping and giving help often. The rest of the guys didn't do enough to get home here and there, but the fact that the game went the way it did made it easy for the Texans to pick and choose their spots to pass, and use protective formations and conservative passes accordingly.
-Joseph was fine, not great but not noticeably worse than Brown which at this point would be a win. He got beat on that 50/50 ball early on that probably should've been overturned but aside from that he was solid, even had the nice PD for a 3rd down stop in the 4th. The competition obviously wasn't great so hopefully he can hold up decently in the coming weeks because he's going to see plenty of 50/50 balls his way.
-Our formations just leave way too many gaps and natural running lanes, it's fine right now but the cracks we see in the running game now will turn into craters in the playoffs so hopefully Quinn knows he has to tighten up the alignments a bit against run-heavy teams, especially on squishy passing downs (i.e. 3rd and 3-5 where we've been getting killed on draws up the middle). It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a 3rd traditional LB on the field situationally (LVE, Barr, Clark) since even in our heavy alignments Kearse is often our 3rd LB with only 2 traditional LB's.
-Aside from the hustle play down by the goal line Carlos Watkins is still classically decent against the run but we need more than just him and Bohanna against running games like the Eagles, 49ers and so forth.
The problem is we are giving up 4-5 yards on 1st down, which is a killer. And unless that tightens up, this team isn’t doing shit in the playoffs. If Hankins is gone, it’s probably not going to get better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom