2022 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Colts @ Cowboys | 12/4/2022

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think we’ve gotta sign someone off the street to play CB, give them reps to get into game shape before we head into the playoffs. I don’t think there’s anyone on the roster who can replace Brown, and that’s not saying much since Brown wasn’t all that great in the first place.
Would you call this man?

Free Agent Kevin King

Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports
King, 27, has been on the street all season by choice. He announced he was taking a year off to recover from injuries and COVID, but he’d be worth a call at this point after being benched by the Packers mid-season last year.
Originally drafted in the second round in 2017 by Mike McCarthy, the former Washington Husky had more-than-acceptable PFF grades during his final season in Green Bay. His career has certainly been a disappointment thus far, but perhaps the change of scenery and magic of Dan Quinn and Al Harris could make him serviceable down the stretch.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Would you call this man?

Free Agent Kevin King

Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports
King, 27, has been on the street all season by choice. He announced he was taking a year off to recover from injuries and COVID, but he’d be worth a call at this point after being benched by the Packers mid-season last year.
Originally drafted in the second round in 2017 by Mike McCarthy, the former Washington Husky had more-than-acceptable PFF grades during his final season in Green Bay. His career has certainly been a disappointment thus far, but perhaps the change of scenery and magic of Dan Quinn and Al Harris could make him serviceable down the stretch.
maybe call Malcom Butler.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I know the opinion of Brown isn't too high here, but the possibility of signing someone as good at this time of year is negligible. Time for the front office to put in some overtime and scour the practice squads for the possibility of a hidden gem. Rather that than some has been off the street.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Random Thoughts:

-While we've generally been one of the better drafting teams over the last 10 years I think this 2022 class might end up being the best from top to bottom. Obviously getting an All-Pro like Parsons in the 1st, Diggs in the 2nd or a franchise QB like Dak in the 4th is more impactful on a per pick basis, but I don't think we've had a single class that's been this strong at the top combined with multiple hits on day 3. The closest might've been 2018 with LVE/Williams/Gallup then Schultz/Armstrong/Wilson on day 3, but that's in hindsight. Guys like Schultz/Armstrong/Wilson weren't having the impact as rookies that guys like Ferguson/Bland/Clark are having now.
-Lamb looks to be much more comfortable/confident in what he's doing. The play of the game last night was the 3rd and 10 that he cut back against the grain to get the 1st, that's the type of RAC ability we saw in college that we didn't see much of over his first 2 years. He far too often went down on first contact and looked indecisive in what he was doing, often hesitating before making a move. Now he looks stronger, more balanced and more comfortable than he ever has, and just in time.
-Coming up with an opinion on Schultz is really difficult for me because I know how much Dak loves throwing to the TE's and he has a great rapport with Schultz. With that said, I just don't think we can pay this guy $10-12M per year. Ferguson will be as good by year 3 at the latest, the 2023 TE class is extremely strong (if Mayer gets within 5 picks we need to move up for him) and we just have too many guys that should be paid before he is (Pollard and Wilson most notably plus potentially guys like Fowler and McGovern).
-Run defense is still a huge problem, these leaky 4-6 yard runs that turn 2nd and 7 into 3rd and 3 are going to be the end of us.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Two biggest problems I see are:

1. Run defense. Any team that is able and willing to stick to the run against us is going to give us problems.

2. Downfield passing. Not sure quite who is to blame (receivers or QB), but I'm leaning QB after seeing Dak force it to 21 for a short gain when 88 was running free the next level down field and somehow QB doesn't see it.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
This is why I have hope for next year even though we won't go balls out in FA to make a run. Assuming we keep Quinn this coaching staff has gotten us over the hump of following up one playoff year with a 8-9 win or worse year for basically the past 15-25 years.

So I feel comfortable projecting success to next year given that we'll barely lose anybody and that the NFC should be down once again. We'll always be left wanting with regard to FA but even without that we should at least be a top 3 team in the conference again next year.
Next year, next year, next year. Maybe after 30 years or so, maybe next year might actually lead to a SB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Fassel said that Nashon Wright will take all off Joseph's special teams responsibilities moving forward.

I mean Joseph commits a lot of penalties on special teams, but he's also really good at it.

Is CJ Goodwin good to go? Need him there, too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I mean Joseph commits a lot of penalties on special teams, but he's also really good at it.

Is CJ Goodwin good to go? Need him there, too.
I wondered that too. Goodwin looked to be pretty hurt last night, but I didn't notice if he ever came back or what his status was.

Edit, Again...

Top Bottom