2022 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Colts @ Cowboys | 12/4/2022

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
TD Titans. Treylon Burks KTFO on the TD grab. Flag on the Eagles for unnecessary roughness due to the hit on Burks.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm about to have to go hang Christmas lights and set up 4,000 reindeer in our front yard. I really don't want to, but I was not given that option.
you don't use inflatables, do you?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm about to have to go hang Christmas lights and set up 4,000 reindeer in our front yard. I really don't want to, but I was not given that option.
Start drinking beer right now then you have an excuse for not getting on the roof and can arrange the deer in sexual positions and blame Budweiser

data

Forbes #1
TD Titans. Treylon Burks KTFO on the TD grab. Flag on the Eagles for unnecessary roughness penalty on the Eagles due to the hit on Burks.
On TD scoring plays, these 15-yard penalties are basically tossaway. As for now, it's either 1-yard line for 2pter or move the spot of kickoff 15-yards (WGAS).

What do you think of this? Should have a third option for 15 yards to be assessed after the result of the ensuing kickoff. With this option, a kickoff touchback would then result in 13 yard drive start, or a kickoff return to, say, 40 yard line would be moved 15 yards back to 25. Only weird application is if a TD kickoff return, which would nullify TD and ball spotted at 15 yard line in redzone.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Lamar Jackson knocked out of the game with some type of leg injury.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
On TD scoring plays, these 15-yard penalties are basically tossaway. As for now, it's either 1-yard line for 2pter or move the spot of kickoff 15-yards (WGAS).

What do you think of this? Should have a third option for 15 yards to be assessed after the result of the ensuing kickoff. With this option, a kickoff touchback would then result in 13 yard drive start, or a kickoff return to, say, 40 yard line would be moved 15 yards back to 25. Only weird application is if a TD kickoff return, which would nullify TD and ball spotted at 15 yard line in redzone.
Good idea, wouldn't mind something like that at all.

I'd go for it everytime from the 1, though. And at least Tenn did pooch it and pin them at the 15 or whatever it was.

1bigfan13

Staff member

You're right about it being a toss away penalty. But your idea would further complicate an already complicated sport.

data

Forbes #1
You're right about it being a toss away penalty. But your idea would further complicate an already complicated sport.
True. This doesn't happen often, but it still draws my ire when it does.

My favorite suggestion thus far is injured player requiring ref timeout stays out until next first down.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Whew. Almost a great TD catch by Brown, but overturned.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hurts dropped a perfect dime to AJ Brown for a long TD along the sideline.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
How is that allowed? Brown literally pushed him down. :angry Bullshit.

Top Bottom