2022 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We have our first avatar bet in years. LETS GO!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I also didn't know what it was called. Or that it had a name at all. I also didn't know that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I also didn't know what it was called. Or that it had a name at all. I also didn't know that.
What the hell? I thought it was pretty well known what it was called.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He's still a solid starting QB when healthy. He'll be starting somewhere, if not this year then next year.
Starting as in multiple starts or just spot starting?

Rev

Staff member
I hope he starts. I love to see him fail.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm calling full time starter.
Yeah, I know it is popular to shit on the guy, but he could succeed with a strong coach who basically slaps him down and makes him understand he has limitations.

I can't see coaches like Pete Carroll laying down the law to him.

Eventually some QB is going down in the preseason/early regular season and there you go.

I just wonder how he handles having to play in Cleveland until the opportunity presents itself.

Rev

Staff member
I'm calling full time starter.
I'm not taking that bet because some team will take a flyer on him. Besides like I said I would love to see him fail again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I know it is popular to shit on the guy, but he could succeed with a strong coach who basically slaps him down and makes him understand he has limitations.

I can't see coaches like Pete Carroll laying down the law to him.

Eventually some QB is going down in the preseason/early regular season and there you go.

I just wonder how he handles having to play in Cleveland until the opportunity presents itself.
Cleveland has to cut him at some point if no one is willing to trade for him right? I mean you can't carry the dude just cause. But maybe his money is all fully guaranteed so they don't really care.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Cleveland has to cut him at some point if no one is willing to trade for him right? I mean you can't carry the dude just cause. But maybe his money is all fully guaranteed so they don't really care.
From my understanding, the Browns will be stuck paying him no matter what they do.

If they cut him they'll owe him $19 million.

If he's traded they could at least work something out with his new team to split the cost. If a trade does happen I assume the trade partner will make the Browns cover at least $12 million of Baker's salary.

This is why I can't see them just holding on to him. Might as well trade him and try to save a little money. Even if it's only 3 or 4 mil in savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom