2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've never seen a team in any professional sport that's accomplished as little as the Cowboys -over a 25 year period- act as if they're the cream of the crop.

It happens in hockey at least. The Maple Leafs and their fans and the Canadian media act like the Leafs are hockey royalty. I used to have the hockey package and so I saw a lot of Canadian broadcasts and it's laughable.

The Leafs haven't won a championship since 1967. :lol

Rogerthat

DCC 4Life
If I weren't a Cowboys fan I'd hate them too. This is a perfect example of one of the many problems in Dallas.....where you don't have to actually win anything to be treated like a conquering hero.

I've never seen a team in any professional sport that's accomplished as little as the Cowboys -over a 25 year period- act as if they're the cream of the crop.
It's almost like Jerry's Cowboys Model defies all principles of the economics class we took in high school.

How to profit tenfold based off the supply and demand successes of an inferior, or even failed product.

And continue that exponential profit increase infinitely.

It has become it's own entity. Jerrys world renowned magic act. Professors will end up doing some scientific lab studies on how marketing can influence a population to buy failure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's almost like Jerry's Cowboys Model defies all principles of the economics class we took in high school.

How to profit tenfold based off the supply and demand successes of an inferior, or even failed product.

And continue that exponential profit increase infinitely.

It has become it's own entity. Jerrys world renowned magic act. Professors will end up doing some scientific lab studies on how marketing can influence a population to buy failure.
Nah as we learn in economics it's not always being the premium brand. Do you think Budweiser is the best beer? Of course not. But it's well marketed, easily available and not totally shit. It's about being good enough sometimes to sell.

Rogerthat

DCC 4Life
Nah as we learn in economics it's not always being the premium brand. Do you think Budweiser is the best beer? Of course not. But it's well marketed, easily available and not totally shit. It's about being good enough sometimes to sell.
Yep, you're right.
Comparable to Jerry's absolute comfort level of just being relevant ie .500ish, while his PR/marketing does it's convincing of the masses that the product is better than it actually is.
Spot on.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Jerry had bought the Bengals in 1988 they wouldn't be as popular/profitable as the Cowboys.

Jerry is an awesome business man/bullshitter, but he also had the good fortune of buying the most nationally followed team, who then happened to have a bunch of success immediately, no thanks to him.

So he's parlayed that into what they are now.

It's a perfect shit storm, but all we can do is just not be as emotionally invested and hope one of these years things fall into place perfectly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well maybe that isn't the plan for him to start at LG?

I'm not so sure I want to move Smith to LT and plug McGovern at LG. You're basically creating 2 question marks instead of one. McGovern wasn't very good at LG last year. Tyler Smith is a raw rookie who has been concentrating at LG. So now you put two guys in positions where it makes you nervous instead of just finding a LT. But I guess it fits in with the charade that Connor and Smith are still competing for the LG job. Even though it doesn't appear to be close at all to anyone.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well maybe that isn't the plan for him to start at LG?

I'm not so sure I want to move Smith to LT and plug McGovern at LG. You're basically creating 2 question marks instead of one. McGovern wasn't very good at LG last year. Tyler Smith is a raw rookie who has been concentrating at LG. So now you put two guys in positions where it makes you nervous instead of just finding a LT. But I guess it fits in with the charade that Connor and Smith are still competing for the LG job. Even though it doesn't appear to be close at all to anyone.
Have you considered our 2023 cap situation though?

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Is he really playing center though or is this speculation? I have not seen it anywhere but from Mosher.
McCarthy talked about him playing center, I assumed it'd be for a drive or two though, not a significant number of snaps.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Sounds about right.
The OL and the lack of creativity in the design of the run/pass game to maximize only average to above average OL talent is the biggest issue with the offense.

Top teams all across the league have success with only average or slightly better talent on the OL, it's completely ridiculous to think that we need 3 future HOF'ers like we had in 2014 and 2016 in order to have a high level offense.

Jerry calling out the "skill position players" to make up for the OL is idiotic, but it's completely reasonable to expect the coaches (that means McCarthy, Moore and Philbin primarily) to be able to make things work even without Tyron, particularly if we add a vet like Fisher/Peters, etc.

Every year teams across the league win 10+ games with equal or worse OL talent than what we currently have with Tyler, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin and Steele.

We literally have a top 2 OG in the league, who is probably a top 5 OL overall across the league, plus a 1st rounder with immense potential, that's way more than someone like the Rams had last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
McCarthy talked about him playing center, I assumed it'd be for a drive or two though, not a significant number of snaps.
You can plug flex OL into almost any position. Center isn't one of them. This would be a huge mistake. He struggled at G so what makes these geniuses think he can snap the ball, get his head and hands up in time and succeed at a position that is probably harder than any position along the line?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You can plug flex OL into almost any position. Center isn't one of them. This would be a huge mistake. He struggled at G so what makes these geniuses think he can snap the ball, get his head and hands up in time and succeed at a position that is probably harder than any position along the line?
And he was horrendous at it last year in preseason.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
McGovern next to Biadasz? Vita Vea can take his pick in terms of destroying people in GM 1.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not to mention we have several dudes who are better candidates. Makes zero sense.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I listened to the Break show just now on what to do on the line. That was the first I'd heard about McGovern starting at center. Eatman said it was happening. They also agreed that McG would be playing a lot, they just didn't know where.

That tells me they have settled on Tyler as starting LG and want to see if McG could be better than Biadasz. We knew they weren't totally satisfied with him at C.

Fwiw, Eatman thinks you should play Tyler at LT. Says that's why you drafted him, and you didn't expect Tyron to last much longer anyway, so go ahead and make the future now. Would make sense if he'd been practicing there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom