2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I can only think of three favorable playoff calls
  • 2014 Lions, DPI flag picked up on final drive
  • 1992 49ers, OL holding to call back Jerry Rice TD on opening drive
  • 1992 49ers, Holding on Emmitt going out on pattern after PA to turn 4th goal into 1st goal.
And two of those were before Jerry really started feeling himself and playing rogue owner.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Brady eliminated from the playoffs.

:towel

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Great to wake up knowing your team eliminated Brady from the playoffs.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They should always be worried about Dak running the ball.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It was great to see Zach and Tyron out there winning a big game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still pisses me off that the NFL doesn't ban this shit until the season is over. Why the rush to interrupt playoff football with fucking interviews.

I get why the Cowboys won't deny Quinn the opportunity to interview but I sort of wish they could. You're in the middle of potentially something special. And you're going to disrupt that for a chance to coach fucking washed up Matt Ryan again?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Still pisses me off that the NFL doesn't ban this shit until the season is over. Why the rush to interrupt playoff football with fucking interviews.

I get why the Cowboys won't deny Quinn the opportunity to interview but I sort of wish they could. You're in the middle of potentially something special. And you're going to disrupt that for a chance to coach fucking washed up Matt Ryan again?
Ryan won’t be there.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Alarming stat : on Zekes last 40 carries, yards = 74.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Troy was talking on his weekly Ticket hit this morning about how Garrett texted him after that first Schultz TD up the seam, "You know what play that was, right?" It was the exact same play Troy threw to Novacek for the first TD vs the Bills in their first Super Bowl. Exact same Coryell numbering system, etc.

It was kind of funny/sad because a minute or two later Troy was talking about how great Kyle Shanahan is, how he learned from his dad (who when he was forced to use the Bill Walsh system but later added a bunch of different elements from different coaches), how his extremely modern offense is so hard to stop, and how in Troy's opinion Shanahan has the most QB-friendly system in the NFL.

I'd pay decent money to have a beer with McCarthy some day and ask him about how he's dealt with keeping the same old system, the deal Jerry made to ensure Kellen stayed OC with the Garrett system, etc.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Troy was talking on his weekly Ticket hit this morning about how Garrett texted him after that first Schultz TD up the seam, "You know what play that was, right?" It was the exact same play Troy threw to Novacek for the first TD vs the Bills in their first Super Bowl. Exact same Coryell numbering system, etc.

It was kind of funny/sad because a minute or two later Troy was talking about how great Kyle Shanahan is, how he learned from his dad (who when he was forced to use the Bill Walsh system but later added a bunch of different elements from different coaches), how his extremely modern offense is so hard to stop, and how in Troy's opinion Shanahan has the most QB-friendly system in the NFL.

I'd pay decent money to have a beer with McCarthy some day and ask him about how he's dealt with keeping the same old system, the deal Jerry made to ensure Kellen stayed OC with the Garrett system, etc.
I'm fairly certain that if we switched coaching staffs with SF we'd go about 14-3 at worst, while SF would go maybe 10-7, maybe.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm fairly certain that if we switched coaching staffs with SF we'd go about 14-3 at worst, while SF would go maybe 10-7, maybe.
I agree. I think DQ could get very creative with a weapon like Nick Bosa in that crap awful division, but I highly doubt Kellen Moore would have much success without a traditional QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom