2022 OTAs, Camps and Training Camp Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So I saw where Jourdan Lewis' hamstring will keep him out the rest of camp.

So put Bland in and have faith in what you've seen from him so far? Or move Brown inside in the nickel and play Wright or someone outside?

I think and hope they'd just go for it and play Bland there. Would be tough if Lewis can't go against Brady, but it would be tough with Wright or Joseph outside, too. But maybe they figure one of the second year guys has at least seen an NFL game before.
Can't be Wright, it'd have to be either Joseph or Bland from how it seems things are going. You could also just replace Lewis with a 4th safety (Bell most likely) depending on the formation since guys like Kearse and Wilson can matchup in the slot depending on the personnel.

With all that said, it'd have to be a really bad hamstring injury for him to miss basically a month.

Saying "he's out the rest of camp" is pretty nebulous considering I think today is the last day of what they consider "camp". Once they're back in Dallas I don't think they're considering it camp anymore, although even if they are it's ending sometime around Sept. 2-4, so would he be back then?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Saying "he's out the rest of camp" is pretty nebulous considering I think today is the last day of what they consider "camp". Once they're back in Dallas I don't think they're considering it camp anymore, although even if they are it's ending sometime around Sept. 2-4, so would he be back then?
That's true, it all depends on how serious it really is. I guess I'm going on his saying he should be ready for Tampa. Plus you know how hamstrings can linger longer than you think they should.

And I hear these different media guys saying Wright has been good in camp, much better than he showed in Denver and that the staff is very happy with him. I don't see it, but that's what makes me wonder about what they'd do if Lewis can't make it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's true, it all depends on how serious it really is. I guess I'm going on his saying he should be ready for Tampa. Plus you know how hamstrings can linger longer than you think they should.

And I hear these different media guys saying Wright has been good in camp, much better than he showed in Denver and that the staff is very happy with him. I don't see it, but that's what makes me wonder about what they'd do if Lewis can't make it.
Wright would have to be playing like Deion in practice to make up for how roasted he got vs. Denver, so count me as skeptical.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

7 attempts, 7 completions and 120 yards against some backups in Denver. Some guys suck in games and practice good. I'm guessing that could be the case on that one.

Then again Anthony Brown had an awful game last year against Antonio Brown but rebounded nicely. So I guess guys can just have a bad game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I would more think you would force him inside to your help, but what do I know?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I would more think you would force him inside to your help, but what do I know?
I think that's what he was trying to say, it just wasn't worded clearly?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think that's what he was trying to say, it just wasn't worded clearly?
It has to be. The word "contain" is used a lot in defensive scheme vernacular. Surely he wouldn't think he would push him outside to put himself more on an island. Patrik is a fairly sharp cookie.

Top Bottom