2022 OTAs, Camps and Training Camp Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life
Pray that Lamb remains healthy. You might actually see a move get made if he misses time for any reason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea, I think we're a good bit better now than we were then (Lamb and Schultz are lightyears beyond any WR or TE we had to start 2018) but with Gallup out you'd think they'd remember back to that time and do more to make sure we have insurance on the roster.

But nope, here we are again, seemingly wishing upon a star that some schlub UDFA rookie can give us quality snaps to start the year.
Talent acquisition is a 365 day a year job and it is very hard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pray that Lamb remains healthy. You might actually see a move get made if he misses time for any reason.
No reason to be prepared ahead of time. I doubt any other NFL teams are going to sign or trade for any WR's before then.

:ez

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If Lamb goes down, I'd probably just prefer to tank the season at that point. We're unlikely to be going anywhere even with Lamb, so I'd hate to see us panic and trade a first for a guy just so we can lose in the first round of the playoffs again.

The move was to keep Cooper but of course that ship has sailed.

As far as guys still on the street right now like Fuller or Hilton or whoever else, we should be bringing one of them in anyway.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm kind of hopeful on Fuller. He supposedly didn't want to come in early (I'm sure so he can skip most of camp) but our new WR coach was his coach in Houston. So maybe in a couple more weeks?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm kind of hopeful on Fuller. He supposedly didn't want to come in early (I'm sure so he can skip most of camp) but our new WR coach was his coach in Houston. So maybe in a couple more weeks?
Fuller would turn into a real injury waiting to happen in the Dallas environment.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Fuller would turn into a real injury waiting to happen in the Dallas environment.
No doubt. His got his hamstrings from the Miles Austin store. I guess you just hope he can make it for a few weeks until Gallup comes back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No doubt. His got his hamstrings from the Miles Austin store. I guess you just hope he can make it for a few weeks until Gallup comes back.
Yeah it's not about a 16 game season. Give me 5-8 games at the start of the season and anything past that is gravy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly I prefer Hilton anyway.
Hilton seems like a great fit in my opinion. Brings the speed dimension we need, knows what the hell he is doing and is capable of still being a good starting WR. Similar health concerns but again, I don't need a WR for 17 games. Just give me the first 6.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hilton seems like a great fit in my opinion. Brings the speed dimension we need, knows what the hell he is doing and is capable of still being a good starting WR. Similar health concerns but again, I don't need a WR for 17 games. Just give me the first 6.
we're dealing with a manageable window with Gallup (and Washington).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No reason for any of the primary starters to play in this 2nd game, give them a half in the 3rd game and call it a day.
I don't play Dak without Tyron at LT. I'm not going to give Ball a chance to end our season before it starts.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No reason for any of the primary starters to play in this 2nd game, give them a half in the 3rd game and call it a day.
I don't think they will. I think their master plan is to have these pre-game practices where the starters play (but don't tackle) then put the bottom feeders out there for the "real" game.

I hate it personally because I see other teams playing star QBs and WRs in these preseason games. But I think Stephen's greatest fear besides a tight cap is some starter getting hurt. IMO you don't play with fear of injury and you need to get your team ready to play, but whatever.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think they will. I think their master plan is to have these pre-game practices where the starters play (but don't tackle) then put the bottom feeders out there for the "real" game.

I hate it personally because I see other teams playing star QBs and WRs in these preseason games. But I think Stephen's greatest fear besides a tight cap is some starter getting hurt. IMO you don't play with fear of injury and you need to get your team ready to play, but whatever.
Meh, when there were 4 games the starters might play one series in the first game (but often none), maybe 2-3 in the second, and then about a half in the third, and of course none in the 4th.

As long as they get a bit of extended time in game 3 the rest of it is whatever.

Top Bottom