2022 OTAs, Camps and Training Camp Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life
didnt look too good. Gavin truth telling, no shill.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I mean, who knows, we may totally suck this year. And I understand we have to microanalyze everything these days.

But yesterday's joint practice means absolutely nothing. I'm surprised so many people think it does.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I mean, who knows, we may totally suck this year. And I understand we have to microanalyze everything these days.

But yesterday's joint practice means absolutely nothing. I'm surprised so many people think it does.
The need to microanalyze everything says it all.

Bonus points if you can sensationalize with nonsense talk like "being bullied".

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
didnt look too good. Gavin truth telling, no shill.
It's weird because there just isn't much information on it. Just supposedly limped off at the end of everything. The serious stuff is usually more noticeable. But because it's Tyron Smith we all hold our breath with him. He is just so important to the team, has literally no capable backup right now and has a history of being hurt.

Hopefully it's minor. If he misses most of preseason because of it but is ready for the season I'm ok with that. Maybe it will just help to highlight to the Cowboys that they need to start looking for free agents. Even if you like Wally or Ball, right now Wally is out and I'm not sure I can name another tackle on the roster. At minimum we should be looking to add anyone who can sort of play just to help with preseason and evaluate the situation before week 1 in terms of injuries.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's weird because there just isn't much information on it. Just supposedly limped off at the end of everything. The serious stuff is usually more noticeable. But because it's Tyron Smith we all hold our breath with him. He is just so important to the team, has literally no capable backup right now and has a history of being hurt.

Hopefully it's minor. If he misses most of preseason because of it but is ready for the season I'm ok with that. Maybe it will just help to highlight to the Cowboys that they need to start looking for free agents. Even if you like Wally or Ball, right now Wally is out and I'm not sure I can name another tackle on the roster. At minimum we should be looking to add anyone who can sort of play just to help with preseason and evaluate the situation before week 1 in terms of injuries.
The first game is in a month, he'll be fine, but Tyler should be getting reps at LT in preseason if that's the actual plan whenever Tyron does miss a few games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The need to microanalyze everything says it all.

Bonus points if you can sensationalize with nonsense talk like "being bullied".
Yeah, sounds like the information from people there isn't even accurate. One person claims we scored once, another claims we scored twice. There was very little shot of our defense vs their offense.

I think the being bullied probably boils down to the blocking of our offense against their defense. And even that if it was Alan Ball, Connor Mcgovern manning the left side of our O-line, well of course they got bullied.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, sounds like the information from people there isn't even accurate. One person claims we scored once, another claims we scored twice. There was very little shot of our defense vs their offense.

I think the being bullied probably boils down to the blocking of our offense against their defense. And even that if it was Alan Ball, Connor Mcgovern manning the left side of our O-line, well of course they got bullied.
Yea, and the fact that people don't actually know for sure what they're looking at where you might have pressure that would kill a play in a normal game but there's no touching the QB, the rusher stops and the QB just plays it out.

Plus, they were heavily rotating on the OL, Smith and Martin might've played about 10 or so snaps together, and there were times that the OL in front of Dak were mostly backups along the lines of Ball-Smith-Farniok-McGovern-Steele.

The OL will probably only be above average at best this year but I had that opinion way before yesterday, and there's nothing that could've happened yesterday that would've changed it one way or the other.

• Props

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
because it's Tyron Smith we all hold our breath with him. He is just so important to the team, has literally no capable backup right now

Except you can say that about quite a few positions on the team. Yes, Tyron has a history but football is attrition and we've made little effort to have depth in a lot of spots. That doesn't bode well.

• Props

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think the vast majority of the "bullying" talk comes from the fights. The Broncos were definitely bigger instigators of the skirmishes. But all that does in real games is get you penalized. It doesn't mean jack as far as being a better or more physical team.

But this is how shallow these media types are.

Genghis Khan

We have really solid depth on defense, offense...not so much.

Yep. Outside of maybe CB (depending on if we can count on Joseph, Wright, or Bland) the depth on defense is probably good (DE is unclear also but I'm guessing we'll be ok unless Parsons goes down).

The depth on offense is terrifying.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This will sound funny, but I bet in a couple of weeks they try to trade someone like Hill for another OL or WR (probably OT) where another team may have a little surplus.

Probably wait to make sure we have no injuries there first, though.

• Props

Genghis Khan

This will sound funny, but I bet in a couple of weeks they try to trade someone like Hill for another OL or WR (probably OT) where another team may have a little surplus.

Probably wait to make sure we have no injuries there first, though.

A smart team might do that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dennis. Houston.
These morons are overly optimistic all the way up until the point where their optimism gets shoved in their face by the cold reality of the situation (i.e. the start of 2018), the problem is they never learn from it and constantly repeat their mistakes.

A luxury afforded only to those who don't ever have to worry about losing their position.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
These morons are overly optimistic all the way up until the point where their optimism gets shoved in their face by the cold reality of the situation (i.e. the start of 2018), the problem is they never learn from it and constantly repeat their mistakes.
It is weird that almost this exact situation happened just four years ago and they're most likely repeating it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It is weird that almost this exact situation happened just four years ago and they're most likely repeating it.
Yea, I think we're a good bit better now than we were then (Lamb and Schultz are lightyears beyond any WR or TE we had to start 2018) but with Gallup out you'd think they'd remember back to that time and do more to make sure we have insurance on the roster.

But nope, here we are again, seemingly wishing upon a star that some schlub UDFA rookie can give us quality snaps to start the year.

Top Bottom