2022 NFL Coach/GM Firings-Hirings Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Am I crazy or does it feel like teams are exercising a lot more restraint this year when it comes to coach hires?

Was there a rule change that I missed that changed the timeline of hires?

Normally teams would be jumping the gun and settling for lesser candidates just because they're too impatient and don't want to wait on the good candidates' seasons to wrap up.
Yeah I thought the same thing last week. Usually some teams don't wait until the Superbowl is over to hire a new head coach. This year it seems like everyone is waiting.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I thought the same thing last week. Usually some teams don't wait until the Superbowl is over to hire a new head coach. This year it seems like everyone is waiting.
It just takes a couple of moves to start the dominoes falling.

Chances are pretty good that teams are waiting on a couple of these teams' season to end (Chiefs and 49ers are the primary two).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It just takes a couple of moves to start the dominoes falling.

Chances are pretty good that teams are waiting on a couple of these teams' season to end (Chiefs and 49ers are the primary two).
Yeah just seems like a guy like Quinn for example would be signed by now knowing that there are other teams really wanting him. But maybe there are some really good candidates in the playoffs still at the top of people's lists and once those guys are locked up we will see the trickle down with other coaches.

But if you're the Broncos for example and you want Dan Quinn, why wait?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Am I crazy or does it feel like teams are exercising a lot more restraint this year when it comes to coach hires?

Normally teams would be jumping the gun and settling for lesser candidates just because they're too impatient and don't want to wait on the good candidates' seasons to wrap up.
I was just thinking this. Maybe they finally realized it might be worth waiting for the playoff coordinators.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea that's what I've been saying. I wouldn't be shocked if the league asked teams to hold off a bit on the hiring timelines.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope, their owner came out immediately and say he's not taking him from his alma mater.

Now the Raiders are rumored pretty heavily.
And Harbaugh is rumored to want the job. Seems like a match that will happen.

Top Bottom